Oregon Wing Purchases a Cessna 337

Started by bosshawk, March 12, 2007, 07:19:58 PM

Chris Jacobs

I don't know exactly who is paying in the end, whether it is the coast guard or the air force.  in the end i guess it doesn't truly matter that much because the tax payers are the ones really paying for it.  The money comes from one big pile anyways.  the missions are official and all but i don't know the innerworkings of how the NOC and air force approve all the missions.
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

RiverAux

By the way, it looks like there is only 1 CG Aux aircraft in Oregon and there are 15(including 1 helicopter and 1 floatplane) in Washington. 

Chris Jacobs

Does it tell you which kind of air craft they are?
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

DNall

Quote from: RiverAux on March 13, 2007, 09:39:29 PM
Are you saying that the Coast Guard is asking for CAP support?  Are these missions being done through AFRCC or the NOC?  Is OR Wing getting reimbursed by AF or the CG?  I'm interested in the mechanics of how this is being done. 

I can tell you what has happened here in Texas before... which is we've done some excicises (AF funded SaREx on our end, matched dates with their stuff). I've been on several REDCAPs with CG, including for missing vessels in distress in the open water. CAP would put ground teams along the beach, & Air in coastal grids off a marine chart or just route searches.

Functionally it was always CG running the show, but with a fair number of CAP staff working closely on the team at the CG Air Wg, and our own brach directors putting out ops from the CAP base across the street.

Most of those incidents we were on AFRCC mission numbers after they were requested by the CG RCC. It's a pretty simple thing, you just need local CG Air Wing to like CAP & want you helping them out w/o running into a helicopter. Biggest thing there is getting up to speed on the ICS/NIMS compliance as it sits right now.

RiverAux

My experience as a CAP member with the CG has mostly involved them handing ELT missions over to us after they figured out it wasn't on the ocean OR a few occassions where we handed missions over to them when we figured out it wasn't on the land....