help i don't understand encampment

Started by Cadet Bonnett, June 20, 2005, 08:45:00 PM

Cadet Bonnett

Does anyone know what happens at encampment. What it is like. what we do. a scedule.
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.

Pylon

Yep.  It's a blast.

Even though it varies a bit from Wing to Wing, the same types of things are taught at most all encampments, and they follow very similar formats.  Therefore, check out the New York Wing Encampment's First Timer Info.

If you have any more questions after that, ask away!  :)

...and Welcome to CAPTalk.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 20, 2005, 08:45:00 PM
Does anyone know what happens at encampment. What it is like. what we do. a scedule.

There are some basic content requirements that are required by regulations (See CAPR 52-16 for info.), but encampments do vary from wing to wing or even by region for a muti-wing region encampment.

If you can tell us what wing you are in or what encampment you are thinking of attending we may be able to get you more specific information.  There is reason to keep new cadets in the dark about some aspects their first encampment however, so keep that in mind.
Mike Johnston

Cadet Bonnett

i am going to go to the NH Wing Encampment
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Pylon

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 20, 2005, 10:20:42 PM
i am going to go to the NH ing Encampment

The best source for information that applies to the activities in which you're interested is their website.

For the New Hampshire Wing Encampment, first go to the New Hampshire Wing website, where you'll notice they have an Encampment section under Cadet programs.   It has info from last years encampment which might give you a good idea of what's in store for this coming year.

Best of luck.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cadet Bonnett

Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

Schmidty06

A simple run-through of a day at the Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment in 2004:

-Begin-
0430 - Cadet staff wakes up, looks at eachother, grumbles, and gets ready to wake the basics up
0500 - Cadet staff wakes basics up, everyone forms up outside for morning formation and PT
0530 - PT is over, everyone goes back to the barracks to get dressed out in the uniform of the day
0600 - Breakfast
0630 - Somewhere around here the first class of the day is taught, whether it be AE, CP, or ES, or one of the classes that are required for encampment, this goes on all morning
1200 - Lunch
1230 - More classes
1900 - Volleyball
2100 - Evening clean-up and hygiene time
2200 - Lights out for basics, staff meeting (every night)
2300 - Staff meeting gets out, staff goes and does laundry or whatever until 2330 or 0000
-Repeat for 7 Days-

Towards the end, during the last two days we had a field day which were full of "Warrior Runs" and rappeling and all that cool stuff and the last day which is for some reason called "The Crucible" cadets get all camo'd up and run around to various team building stations and the like, most often ending at a station called "The Hall" where all of the stuff you learned during the week is tested.

zigner2007

Yeah sounds about right schmidty, a little dry though. Of course the actual encampment is really interesting in it's own right. the straight schedule seems to remove some of the intensity.

Schmidty06

All I know is that the schedual changed about two or three times each day and twice that often during staff meetings.  There actually was a lot of cool stuff going on at encampment like helicopter rides, running around in a field, and getting basic orientations on ES stuff.

fronzz

I am going to the MNWG encamp ment.  My brother went last year. He said it is fun ,except PT.  I don't know how NH does it but MN is the 2nd hardest encampment in the nation.
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

Cadet Bonnett

Quote from: Cheergirl on June 20, 2005, 10:20:42 PM
i am going to go to the NH ing Encampment

I am going to to go the NH Wing Encampment- Spell fixed. Sorry About that.
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

whatevah

Quote from: fronzz on June 21, 2005, 06:03:17 PMI don't know how NH does it but MN is the 2nd hardest encampment in the nation.
how do you know that? have you been to all of them? :)

encampments aren't hard. they might seem hard for the first-time attendees, or people who aren't physically fit to do the morning PT or obstacle courses, but it's really quite easy, and LOTS of fun.  This year, I'll be going to my 8TH encampment (in a row!), and at one of the best-run encampments in CAP, so take it from me. ;D
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

fronzz

Quote from: whatevah on June 22, 2005, 01:30:35 AM
Quote from: fronzz on June 21, 2005, 06:03:17 PMI don't know how NH does it but MN is the 2nd hardest encampment in the nation.

encampments aren't hard. they might seem hard for the first-time attendees, or people who aren't physically fit to do the morning PT or obstacle courses, but it's really quite easy, and LOTS of fun.  This year, I'll be going to my 8TH encampment (in a row!), and at one of the best-run encampments in CAP, so take it from me. ;D

No,but my Squadron Commander as been to some of them and Californa has the hardest. 
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

whatevah

Quote from: fronzz on June 22, 2005, 01:58:01 PM
Quote from: whatevah on June 22, 2005, 01:30:35 AM

No,but my Squadron Commander as been to some of them and Californa has the hardest. 
ok, it's the hardest one the ones he's been to. I really doubt that he's been to all of them, not even 10 different ones.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin