AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Johnny Yuma

Interdasting...

On Thursday I was talking to the owner of the local coffee shop that I hit every morning. she's got a son in the Navy who's an ATC. Supposedly the FAA's stopped hiring .mil guys for civilian ATC jobs due to certification issues and lack of openings. I guess a couple guys in his organization were in the process of separating from the Navy and got caught up in it, per her son.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

SarDragon

FWIW, air traffic controllers in the Navy are ACs. An ATC is an entirely different thing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: SarDragon on February 01, 2015, 03:57:59 AM
FWIW, air traffic controllers in the Navy are ACs. An ATC is an entirely different thing.

Well whatever job he works the FAA used to be in demand for them, apparently not anymore.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Brad

Big giant disclaimer:

QuoteTHIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE AT LEAST 52 WEEKS OF CERTIFIED AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE AND ARE WILLING TO WORK AT ANY FAA AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL FACILITY.

The FAA has Air Traffic Control Facilities in every state as well as Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Guam.

NOTE-If you do not have a minimum of 52 weeks of certified air traffic control experience you will NOT qualify under this announcement. We hope you will instead consider applying for an announcement for entry-level ATCS trainees currently scheduled to be issued in March 2015.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN