Cadet Brochure 1992

Started by Eclipse, February 12, 2012, 06:40:43 PM

Eclipse

Entry age was 13 or 6th grade.  Which is something not often mentioned in the comparative
discussions between "Then" and "Now".  13 means a more mature cadet day one, and homeschooling
was not nearly the factor it was when they removed the "or 6th grade" exemption.

"Airline Discounts" - imagine. 

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

I was cadets with the female cadet in the lower right corner of the first page. Either they were using really old photography (we had switched to BDUs by 1992) or this brochure is the one from the late 1980s.  I know for a fact she wasn't a cadet after about 1986.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

92 is my conjecture - the senior brochure has 92 in the form code, and this one was in the same envelope.

Could well be much earlier for both.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Sitting on the grass with blues on? :o
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

DBlair

I remember this brochure. Ah, memories of the good ol' days.

If I remember correctly, it came out in the late 80s and was still being printed/distributed in the early 1990s, but I believe there was another that came out around 1993/1994.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Grumpy

Quote from: DBlair on February 13, 2012, 03:33:26 AM

If I remember correctly, it came out in the late 80s and was still being printed/distributed in the early 1990s, but I believe there was another that came out around 1993/1994.

Heck that's OK.  I remember the one we were using had Jerry Lewis on the cover wearing CAP khakis and talking to two cadets.  If I remember correctly we had to be 14 to join.  At least I was and a freshman in high school.

Stonewall

Quote from: DBlair on February 13, 2012, 03:33:26 AM

Oh yeah.  This was one of two brochures that help get me hooked when I joined in 1987.  The other one had a blue outline of a cadet with a beret (from NBB) hanging from both hands from a rope.  Those two brochures sealed the deal!
Serving since 1987.

AALTIS

That was the brochure that recruited me in Oct of 1989.
Alan Altis, Captain
EMT/ B
MO Wing Group I
Emergency Services &
Communications Officer