Main Menu

WMIRS

Started by flyguy06, April 08, 2007, 03:57:17 PM

flyguy06

Major Carrales

Quote from: flyguy06 on April 08, 2007, 03:57:17 PM
What is WMIRS?

Web Mission Information Reporting System

It's an on-line mission reporting system. As of 1 October, 2005 the automated mission approval module in WMIRS is the primary method of coordinating CAP corporate and Air Force Assigned missions.

I will let others expound on its details.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DNall

go on eServices, last link on the bottom left, create a new log in... then you can see active missions going on in your wing (which doesn't mean they aren't over and just waiting on paperwork). You can also see some stuff on HLS or SAREXs to stay up to date on what's going on.

If you were an IC, you'd have to put in all your sorties (ground or air) with fuel costs & everything in there. That's how everything is managed from real time to after the fact. You still have tos end reciepts & such but as long as they match up then you're good to go.

bosshawk

If you want the unvarnished poop on WMIRS, do what Dnall suggests and go onto eservices.  You can probably download the tutorial on how to use WMIRS and it goes into excruciating detail on how to use the system.  It is the wave of the future for all CAP missions: just about everything that we do that includes insurance of any sort is required to be input into WMIRS.   To input, you have to have a special ID and password and it seems to be pretty much restricted to ICs and folks like me in the CD program.  We have to put all of our CD missions into WMIRS, prior to flying them.  Of course, all of them are AFAM(Air Force Approved Missions).  One of the benefits of this system is that the two star AF, who commands 1st AF, sits and reads WMIRS every Monday AM.  That is real time data to our primary sponsor. 

There also is a policy letter on the National website that specifies what needs to be approved in WMIRS.  Pretty explanatory.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

AlaskanCFI

I got wmirs once after I ate some under-cooked Bear meat.  The Doc had to give me some meds and the wmirs went away.
On account of wmirs I no longer eat bear meat.
Major, Squadron Commander Stan-Eval..Instructor Pilot- Alaska Wing CAP
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Retired State of Alaska Law Dawg, Retired Vol Firefighter and EMT
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor
Alaskan Tailwheel and Floatplane CFI
http://www.floatplanealaska.com

DNall

Quote from: AlaskanCFI on April 09, 2007, 03:02:02 AM
I got wmirs once after I ate some under-cooked Bear meat.  The Doc had to give me some meds and the wmirs went away.
On account of wmirs I no longer eat bear meat.
;D :D ;D  I've avoided worms wmirs pretty well over the years, I guess I'll stay away from bear meat then.

bosshawk

In Texas it is probably easy to avoid bear meat.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

DNall

TPW says there's some of the little fuzzy black ones filtering in from LA, but I've yet to see one, and I don't think we can hunt them yet. Lots of other things to worry about here in the semi-tropics though.