Main Menu

Help!

Started by TGVaporeon, December 06, 2016, 08:06:14 PM

TGVaporeon

Is there anyway that you can remove guests, and verify people who try to register to the forum to ONLY CAP members?
Please respond quickly!
Thanks!

DJ Light Chop

You can make it so the forum is only able to be accessed by registered members, and that will keep the guests from being able to read.

As to limiting it to CAP members, that is possible but would take a lot more work.  You can set it to have an admin have to approve each member's account and ask them for say an ID# and Unit number to verify.

But I think that would have a negative impact on cap itself.  There's parents of cadets on here, and prospective cadet and senior members who come here to read about the organization and ask questions before they join.  Why try to stick it to them?

DJ Light Chop

And more importantly, you're a fairly new cadet.  Why would you be trying to encourage captalk to limit captalk's membership?

NIN

Keep in mind: CAPTalk is not an official CAP resource:  therefore, how can the administrators verify that a registered member is in fact a CAP member?

Not without verifying membership against eServices, which, even if the administrators had access, is not "official business"

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

THRAWN

Quote from: TGVaporeon on December 06, 2016, 08:06:14 PM
Is there anyway that you can remove guests, and verify people who try to register to the forum to ONLY CAP members?
Please respond quickly!
Thanks!

Yes.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

whatevah

That's a very strange first post... Why do you want the forum to be limited to verified members only?

There are several technical challenges in the way for what you're asking, as mentioned previously. Beyond that, we have no interest in making this a private forum... It allows potential members to gain info and former members to share their knowledge and experiences.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

xray328

I don't understand the "Help!" or the "respond quickly!" either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LATORRECA

Pretty Strange and Selfish. Never seen a question like it in my 8 years on this forum. Other nonmembers offer a variety of knowledge  and sometime vendors post and offered discount or product beneficial to members.
   Like others said, yes to your question but no if I was in charge of this forum.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

stillamarine

I'm trying to figure out how the initial poster has ZERO posts.................
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

jeders

Quote from: stillamarine on December 07, 2016, 08:41:05 PM
I'm trying to figure out how the initial poster has ZERO posts.................

Posts in the forum support board don't count. So, since he has made any other posts, he's at 0.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

I'd guess it was a drive-by, never to be seen again.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I think we're done here.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret