Can I mix and match male & female components?

Started by cadetcadet, April 25, 2019, 08:26:27 PM

cadetcadet

I don't know where my old topic went but maybe its because of my grammar.

Can I [mix and match  Edited-DN] if I can't find both male tops and bottoms?  Like cross male top with female bottom?  Is there a difference?

NIN

Maybe you'd like to find a better title for this, troop.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

arajca

Quote from: cadetcadet on April 25, 2019, 08:26:27 PM
I don't know where my old topic went but maybe its because of my grammar.

Can I [mix and match  Edited-DN] if I can't find both male tops and bottoms?  Like cross male top with female bottom?  Is there a difference?
1. No. Males cannot wear female uniforms.
2. They are cut different.

cadetcadet

Can they tell though?  Like if worst comes to wurst then is it noticable?

arajca

xray328

Pretty sure the zipper on the pants and the buttons on the shirt are reversed (left vs right)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Perhaps if you asked the actual question, or are you just looking to get responses?

If you're talking about a field uniform ABU / BDU, there are no "male and female", at least
not in standard cuts available from Vanguard.
https://www.vanguardmil.com/collections/cap-abu-uniform

The trousers, especially, would be the same.

"That Others May Zoom"

cadetcadet

No sorry i thought crossdress meant mixing clothes from different batches i was meaning the abu

i see a lot of abus on ebay that are female and i have a small 26 inch waste so the male ones dont fit and vanguard is too expensive sorry for the wrong words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIN

Words are important, and some words have other, more charged meanings. Know your audience.

Yes, in the USAF-issue world, ABUs are cut slightly differently between male & female variants. Functionally (pockets, buttons, plackets, etc) they are the same. The trousers, especially, will be a little less obviously different.

If you're a smaller cadet and the female versions will fit you better, nobody is going to point and shout "female trousers!!"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on April 26, 2019, 12:29:33 AM
Perhaps if you asked the actual question, or are you just looking to get responses?

If you're talking about a field uniform ABU / BDU, there are no "male and female", at least
not in standard cuts available from Vanguard.
https://www.vanguardmil.com/collections/cap-abu-uniform

The trousers, especially, would be the same.

Funny, AAFES seems to think there is a male and female version of the ABU. I think I trust them more then Scamguard.

GaryVC

Our former commander (female) bought male pants because they fit better.

PHall

Quote from: GaryVC on April 26, 2019, 04:24:33 PM
Our former commander (female) bought male pants because they fit better.

Yep, that's allowed in both CAPM 39-1 and AFI 36-2903 only for BDU's/ABU's. Paragraph 5.1 for those interested in looking it up.