New members to CAP Talk are not CAP

Started by JAFO78, November 25, 2008, 06:13:44 PM

JAFO78

Good Afternoon. I have noticed that some of the new members of CAP Talk, are not who they seem to be. I thought it would be nice to welcome some "new" members of our web site. I look at their profile to see their web pages are car dealerships. Wow how low can you go or others trying to sell us things.

I am posting this so all of us are aware how busy our administrators of CAP Talk have been as of late trying to keep the rift raft out of here. 

I say to our "new" members... Be careful of who you are case BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING....
JAFO

Timbo

Why is it bad to have my website link in the profile?  I have an awesome surgery blog and pictures from all of the operations I have performed and pics of my team with me.  I think it is neat to see what others do outside of CAP. 

I will remove it.   

Eeyore

I don't believe you have to be a member of CAP to be a member of this forum, I also don't believe that it's a problem to have links to your personal or personal business site in your profile.

You have to remember that everyone in CAP does something else in 'real life'. As long as they aren't spamming the board with advertisements, who cares?

Eclipse

I have never understood the fascination non-members have with these forums.

What website you put in your profile listing is irrelevant, since few will ever look there anyway, but why anyone not affiliated with CAP would be interested in the minutia we argue about here is beyond me.    ???

"That Others May Zoom"

MIKE

Quote from: edmo1 on November 25, 2008, 07:44:11 PM
I don't believe you have to be a member of CAP to be a member of this forum, I also don't believe that it's a problem to have links to your personal or personal business site in your profile.

MCoC rules for links etc on this site apply to information in profiles as well.  Does advertising need to be better addressed... Probably.

If you spot a spammer, report it and we'll deal with it.  No sense posting in the thread 'cause we're gonna delete it anyway.
Mike Johnston

Indaweeds

Quote from: Timbo on November 25, 2008, 07:39:38 PM
Why is it bad to have my website link in the profile?  I have an awesome surgery blog and pictures from all of the operations I have performed and pics of my team with me.  I think it is neat to see what others do outside of CAP. 

I will remove it.   

Timbo, re-post your surgery blog!  I see absolutely no problem/issue with website links in the profile and I agree with you that what others do outside of CAP is neat for those that wish to inquire.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Eclipse

Quote from: MIKE on November 25, 2008, 08:24:03 PM
^ Depends... is it graphic?

Yes, that's important, because if its graphic you have to repost for sure!   :D

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

I am very interested in what people do outside of CAP.  I wish more people shared what they do the 6 other days of week.

Fifinella

^^ I'm a grad student.  I read.  Hundreds of pages a week.  Not very exciting.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Flying Pig

Eeyore

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 25, 2008, 10:34:49 PM
I am very interested in what people do outside of CAP.  I wish more people shared what they do the 6 other days of week.

I am the Operations Director for a national public affairs company. Spend most of my day hitting my head against the nearest solid object  ;D

Flying Pig

if this is going to develop into "What I do outside of CAP" maybe it should be relocated out of the Forum Support?

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

MIKE

As far as the original topic.  I think I can report that we are aware of the issue and are discussing a workable solution.
Mike Johnston

JAFO78

It has been several hours since I made this post. If I offended any CAP personal, I am sorry. I just wanted everyone to see that Mike, & Pylon are having their hands full with spammers. These people have no interest in CAP, several people posted as new members I'm sure did not come here for CAP.

I have a paid membership to a web site called Airliners.net, and I have received an email asking if I wanted to hook up with this young lady. She got my email from my profile. The folks running Airliners blocked her so fast, I bet her CC numbers had not even gotten through the banking system yet. I also have decided to remove my email address from my profiles.

Again If I offended anyone, I am truly sorry !!!
JAFO

flyerthom

Quote from: Eclipse on November 25, 2008, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: MIKE on November 25, 2008, 08:24:03 PM
^ Depends... is it graphic?

Yes, that's important, because if its graphic you have to repost for sure!   :D

Graphic, BTDT. Free CEUS? POST IT!
TC

wingnut55

HEY LET'S START A DATING SERVICE FOR CAP MEMBERS

GOOD IDEA !  wing nut

Why thank!  you wing nut