WRIGHT BROTHERS TEST

Started by cantthinkof1, January 29, 2013, 08:45:27 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I understand concepts but sometimes struggle with recall of exact terms. That is probably then issue of most cadets with that test.

DJN245

Well, congratulations, both on passing your test, and your upcoming promotion to C/SSgt.
If you are have a difficult time passing a test in the future, and you have put in effort studying for it, and still can't pass,
why don't you ask to have a senior member or a Cadet officer to sit down with you and tutor you on the test.

Also when I was still testing, I always studied the terms and end of chapter questions after reading through the chapter once or twice, instead of just constantly rereading the chapters, and that seemed to work great for me, as I rarely had to retake tests.

RogueLeader

Quote from: DJN245 on February 06, 2013, 03:20:51 PM

why don't you ask to have a senior member or a Cadet officer to sit down with you and tutor you on the test.

Because you can't do that.  We can mentor cadets on the material covered in the book, but we can't discuss the exam questions.  To do so is a test compromise.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on February 06, 2013, 05:34:57 PM

Because you can't do that.  We can mentor cadets on the material covered in the book, but we can't discuss the exam questions.  To do so is a test compromise.

I think that's the meaning of the message, if not in the best possible terms.

a2capt

A Cadet Officer, or .. any cadet for that matter, can surely tutor them on the test, why not?

As for a Senior Member, well.. again, why not?

Test compromise and tutoring are two different areas.  As long as the former is not occurring, it's just a class session. For one or for all, and is not that the point of teaching and learning?

RogueLeader

Quote from: a2capt on February 06, 2013, 05:41:50 PM
A Cadet Officer, or .. any cadet for that matter, can surely tutor them on the test, why not?

As for a Senior Member, well.. again, why not?

Test compromise and tutoring are two different areas.  As long as the former is not occurring, it's just a class session. For one or for all, and is not that the point of teaching and learning?
Tutoring the test indicates actual test questions, and that is a Test Compromise (not a good thing.)  Testing the material is great, and what is expected to occur.  It is a difference with a huge distinction.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DJN245

Correction: why don't you ask a senior member or Cadet officer to sit down with you and tutor mentor you on the test testing materials.

a2capt

Quote from: usafaux2004 on February 03, 2013, 09:12:29 PMNo, I checked. There is only a CAPT70. No -1s 2s, As or Bs
Yup, and the previous versions:

CAPT 60 - April 2003
CAPT 70 - July 2010
CAPT 70 - July 2011 (Same test, minor changes, supersedes, not a supplemental version)

Prior to these, the last major revisions were issued in 1993. 2003 and 2006 were minor updates, with Learn to Lead replacing all of it in 2010. 

RogueLeader

Quote from: DJN245 on February 07, 2013, 08:06:14 PM

Correction: why don't you ask a senior member or Cadet officer to sit down with you and tutor mentor you on the test testing materials.

That you can do.  What we do, is if a cadet fails the test with scores under 60% +/-, they get told they need to restudy all the material.  If they fail with a score 60-79%, they get a list with objectives they need to study.  If they pass with less than 100%, they get mentored by going over the material until they figure it out.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

capgirl

Quote from: cantthinkof1 on January 29, 2013, 08:45:27 PM
I'm a C/SrA trying to earn my Wright Brothers.  I have everything filled out on my promotions sheet and the only thing I need to do is PASS the actual test.  I've taken it 3 times.  The first two times, I failed by TWO points.  The third time, I thought I'd change up the answers to the questions and failed by THREE points!  The test seems so easy; most of the questions are common sense.  The trouble is, unlike the eServices tests, you cannot see which questions you got wrong so you can study them, which is a huge problem because I do not struggle with any of the questions.  Any help, tips, experiences that can help me with my next attempt????

P.S. Three C/2nd Lts. at my squadron failed 7 times in a row.  There seems to be a problem with the way this test is proctored...

I think I know what you're talking about. When I was taking my first E-Services quiz, the "Introduction to CAP Safety", I got two of the questions wrong. One was because I didn't see the word "not", but the second one made no sense. Since my brother is a member as well, he got the same "no sense" question, and he chose the opposite answer and it was still wrong. :-\

My Mom disagrees with the way that some of the tests are written because it seemed like they were intentionally try to trip people up instead of creating an atmosphere to encourage them to feel good about learning. Which, in the end, only frustrates people and does not teach well.

I sympathize with you!!!

I'm cheering and hoping that you pass it next time! ;D

~CAPGirl     GA 157
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. - Helen Keller