Main Menu

Intro to Safety Question

Started by Major Carrales, February 05, 2011, 10:20:18 PM

Major Carrales

I have a question on the Intro to Safety for New Members.  I have cadets that have access to the Computer Labs at our school...we have had issues logging cadets in to take the on line test.  Many do not have access to computer at home.  Is there any way to administer the test on paper?  I noticed in the Cadet Testing Module there is a printable version of the Intro to Safety, but I have not seen a place to enter the exam into e-services.

I am working to see if we can drop the schools various "filters" and may even have to take cadets to a local truck stop or restaurant with wi-fi. 

Any help would be much appriacated.  I want to be compliant by 31 March 2011.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

jeders

Here's what I got from the knowledge base when I asked back in Dec.

QuoteCurrently, the only way a member can take this course and quiz is through eServices at the Online Safety Education link.

Customer - 12/27/2010 02:44 PM Can the 'Introduction to  CAP Safety Program for New Members' be completed in a classroom setting using the slides found on the Safety section of the national website and recorded using a CAPF 11?

Frank Jirik

Safety and Health Services, CAP NHQ
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

davidsinn

You need to use the new mass entry feature in cadet promotions. I tried three times but it would not let me submit a senior member's id number in that module for completing the intro to safety test. It's a very stupid and poor implementation of this requirement.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Major Carrales

Quote from: davidsinn on February 05, 2011, 10:58:49 PM
You need to use the new mass entry feature in cadet promotions. I tried three times but it would not let me submit a senior member's id number in that module for completing the intro to safety test. It's a very stupid and poor implementation of this requirement.

Thank you...this will allow me to run the safety courses to beyond the level and record it via testing and all.  I can now meet my wings requirements.  Thanks  ;D

Commander
SWR-TX-454

davidsinn

Quote from: Major Carrales on February 06, 2011, 04:55:06 AM

Thank you...this will allow me to run the safety courses to beyond the level and record it via testing and all.  I can now meet my wings requirements.  Thanks  ;D

You still need to get your SMs to take it online.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Major Carrales

Quote from: davidsinn on February 06, 2011, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on February 06, 2011, 04:55:06 AM

You still need to get your SMs to take it online.

That is less of a problem, the lion's share was going to be the twenty cadets of which only 5 had internet at home.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

coudano

There are paper versions of the intro safety test in e-services under cadet online testing in the admin section

davidsinn

Quote from: coudano on February 06, 2011, 07:18:39 PM
There are paper versions of the intro safety test in e-services under cadet online testing in the admin section

Yes, The problem was Maj Carrales didn't know where to enter the completion data.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn