C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spike

Quote from: SarDragon on February 07, 2010, 04:27:23 AM
"Yankee bean soup, cole slaw, and tuna surprise."

What was the "surprise".....no tuna in it??   ;D

hellfire40

Quote from: JThemann on February 04, 2010, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: hellfire40 on February 04, 2010, 03:46:20 PM
i have heard some stories that the food has no taste and that you should save the tabasco sauce. is this true?

You're thinking of MRE's.

oh thats right lol my bad

captmorgan

The worst we have had was breakfast pizza the entire week!! Every breakfast.

Breakfast pizza: Soggy dough patty with nasty cheese topped with sausage looking stuff....

And don't feed cadets milk at encampment EVER!! Unless you want very sick cadets all week..
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I.. I took the one less traveled by and that made all the difference." -Robert Frost

PHall

Quote from: captmorgan on March 04, 2010, 02:59:29 AM
The worst we have had was breakfast pizza the entire week!! Every breakfast.

Breakfast pizza: Soggy dough patty with nasty cheese topped with sausage looking stuff....

And don't feed cadets milk at encampment EVER!! Unless you want very sick cadets all week..

We've had milk at every encampment I've been to (25+), and have never had any problems with anyone getting sick.

Spike

^ What happens is that should a person drink a large amount of milk and then do strenuous activity in a hot environment the milk will become angry and cause your stomach to ache. 

I think it may be a "myth", but have heard and seen milk being off limits to military members some places.  I am no Doctor, so I really do not know the true reasons behind it.  Just my assumptions. 

EMT-83

Eat or drink excessive amounts of anything before that type of activity and the results would probably be the same.

V. Basile

I didn't really have bad food at my encampment.  Whenever we went to McChord AFB, we always at the diner. (:D).   I think the worst meal we had was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  Yuck!
VICTORIA F. BASILE, C/TSGT, CAP
Peninsula Composite Squadron
PCR-WA-051

Raja1020

Id hate to be a "wet blanket" or atleast i  think i am, but for religious reasons i cant eat pork, is there any other options usually?

JayT

Quote from: Cadet Shawn Bhatti on May 24, 2010, 01:20:02 PM
Id hate to be a "wet blanket" or atleast i  think i am, but for religious reasons i cant eat pork, is there any other options usually?

Yeah, just make it known on your application.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Raja1020

Thanks I'll make sure it's on there.

PHall

Pork is an easy one to handle.
We've had a cadet who could not eat wheat or wheat products, that one kept the Mess Officer busy. But it was handled.

HGjunkie

They say that at encampment, the food's mighty fine!
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

davidsinn

Quote from: HGjunkie on May 27, 2010, 09:28:31 PM

Only on a Navy installation. Army food sucks. Never had AF food.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

HGjunkie

You killed it.
AF food is pretty good, they let us have as much as we want and we got chips, cake, and milk. 8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Fly Boy

^^^^
The encampment I went to was on an Army base and had catering.  >:D

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

GTM SGT Frazier

At my encampment the last meal we had was a BBQ but they left the food in to long and every thing was black and almost inedible. The corn had the flavor of charcoal and looked it.

GTM Sgt Frazier

Pylon

...A roll fell off the table, and killed a friend of mine.   ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

HGjunkie

Quote from: Pylon on November 14, 2010, 03:12:04 AM

...A roll fell off the table, and killed a friend of mine.   ;)
Yes, somebody got it!
••• retired
2d Lt USAF