Florida Encampment Staff

Started by Cms.sloane, August 21, 2010, 03:13:48 AM

DakRadz

Okay, so if I called you a slave, you wouldn't be offended?

i.e. Slave Hyeung, bring me some grapes from the chow hall!

Now, assuming that I managed to pull this off with a straight face, wouldn't you be offended if we had never met and I started ordering you to do this in such a manner?
How about this order, just so it's realistic.
Slave Hyeung, go change into PT gear and get back here on the double!

Yeah, I suppose since everyone isn't offended by being called a slave, it's acceptable...

MSG Mac

The one who determines whether it's demeaning is the one who is being demeaned.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 27, 2010, 12:17:08 AM
The one who determines whether it's demeaning is the one who is being demeaned.

Not necessarily, and demeaning someone or a group is not necessarily a 1-1 situation.

I can think of a few fairly offensive terms that some people use in a friendly way between themselves, but that doesn't make them any less offensive or inappropriate, especially when you consider that our program espouses respect among peers and throughout the organization.

"That Others May Zoom"

vorter

Well, i mean its just how you take it...
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

Top Dawg

I've applied for Squadron 1st Sgt, Flight Sergeant, and Public Affairs. I met the Deputy Commander (Captain Hanes) at Alabama WESS and he seems to be a pretty good guy. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn out to be as bad at GAWG 2010
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

DakRadz

Some of us are more optimistic and positive ;) , but I hope that FLWG is better.

Just don't do what our Chief did. (Don't entertain the notion of attempting to date a basic, either...)

Top Dawg

Quote from: DakRadz on October 14, 2010, 12:33:19 AM
Some of us are more optimistic and positive ;) , but I hope that FLWG is better.

Just don't do what our Chief did. (Don't entertain the notion of attempting to date a basic, either...)

That's true, it really couldn't be worse then GAWG 201 could it?

Chief was Chief, which was cool sometimes, but at most times.... ehhhhh.
C/Capt Hillman
Cadet Commander,  GA-153

DBlair

Quote from: Karatian on October 14, 2010, 12:31:33 AM
I met the Deputy Commander (Captain Hanes) at Alabama WESS and he seems to be a pretty good guy.

...I hear the Commandant of Cadets is a good guy as well. lol  ;)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

HGjunkie

Quote from: DBlair on October 14, 2010, 12:38:18 AM
...I hear the Commandant of Cadets is a pretty nice guy as well. lol  ;)
So i've heard.  :angel:
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

BillB

But I heard he's on Group Staff which means he doesn't do anything with cadets. And as a cadet he never got up to the Spaatz.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DBlair

Quote from: BillB on October 14, 2010, 10:26:08 AM
But I heard he's on Group Staff which means he doesn't do anything with cadets. And as a cadet he never got up to the Spaatz.

LOL! Ouch!  :D

Yea, I heard he was a C/Lt Col at 16 and then (like so many do) got too comfortable at the top of the cadet food chain and distracted on Wing Staff, advising/commanding (fixing) several units, staffing NCSAs, competing on DT, and so much more before going off to college and working. This is part of why he constantly pushes Cadets not to stagnate at a certain point.

As for being on Group Staff, this is indeed true as he is the Cadet Programs Officer (former unit Leadership Officer) and works regularly with Cadets in a wide variety of capacities throughout the wing, not to mention assisting/visiting local units/activities and personally running a wide variety of Cadet activities/programs... if there is a Cadet activity going on in his Group, he is most likely involved.

...or, so I've heard. :)
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander