Moral Leadership Officer Assistant

Started by C/MSgt Lunsford, January 06, 2010, 05:10:54 AM

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Cecil DP on January 08, 2010, 07:41:27 PM
Why limit yourself to Sen Mikulski, there are two Senators and a Congressman who can nominate you, apply through them all. A cadet I knew actually started contacting his senators and congressman when he was a freshman to let them know he would be seeking an appointment three years out, and kept sending them letters for the entire time updating them on his achievements. If offered any other Academy (West Point, Navy, Coast Guard, or even King's Point) accept it.   
Yes Sir. Thanks for the feedback.

Wright Brothers #13915

C/MSgt Lunsford

Quote from: Gunner C on January 07, 2010, 04:31:13 PM
Quote from: Lunsford on January 07, 2010, 03:53:34 AM
Quote from: Cecil DP on January 06, 2010, 07:12:03 AM
If you are active in the Character Development portion of the Cadet Program, you should have the chance to be the moderator at several points during the year. Your communications skills could be attained by volunteering to give classes to the cadets and writing papers or dissertations on CAP related subjects.
Ok. I am supposed to get a Email from the Moral Leadership Officer with next weeks lesson plan so I can review it and tell him my thoughts. The reason I am stepping up, is because I want to become more involved with my Squadron and improve it with much intent. Hooah. Thank you for your feedback. Anyone else?

First rule of public speaking:  Never say hooah.

Take public speaking classes.  I know in your area you have three high schools, each of which have them, if I'm not mistaken.  It will give you confidence and poise.  Check out toastmasters.  I don't know if youth can join, but they're a great organization for learning how to present yourself.

Remember, when you are speaking to a senator, you're speaking to a crowd of one.  Just a hint, if you're thinking of talking to Senator Byrd, no one talks to him.  You'll be talking to one of his staff. He's President Pro Tempore of the Senate and third in the presidential line of succession after the VP and Speaker of the House.  Also, he's old and infirmed.  They just wheel him out for votes.

Good News!

Quote from: GMailSpencer,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Toastmasters.  Your letter was inspiring to me.  Tomorrow we are having an Hagerstown Toastmasters officer's meeting, even though you are not the required 18 years of age to join Toastmasters, I'm going to lobby the officer's to have you participate in speaking at out club.  I can provide you with a manual to work from.

You are welcome to attend our meeting tomorrow night at Hagerstown Public Library, 7PM, basement classroom.

Thank you - Chris

Meeting is tomorrow. Wish me luck! :D

Wright Brothers #13915

Gunner C

Attaboy!  All you had to do was ask.  I think you've got a heck of an asset there.  Remember, you're a guest.  Be on your UTMOST behavior.  (You'll do fine).

DogCollar

Good for you Cadet!

I commend you for reaching out for assistance.  It shows maturity.  I hope that you have fun with the Toastmasters and wish you all the best as you pursue an academy appointment.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Fuzzy

QuoteFirst rule of public speaking:  Never say hooah.

Say "airpower" loudly instead.
C/Capt Semko

Eclipse

Quote from: Fuzzy on January 13, 2010, 07:56:03 PM

Is there a "none of the above" choice?

"That Others May Zoom"

Gunner C

Quote from: Eclipse on January 13, 2010, 07:57:41 PM
Quote from: Fuzzy on January 13, 2010, 07:56:03 PM

Is there a "none of the above" choice?
Yes, you can say none of the above.  >:D