Main Menu

Squadron Sign

Started by SSgt Rudin, February 05, 2008, 09:34:14 PM

SSgt Rudin

I made this for my squadron, got the design idea from the squadron I was in in the Navy.
We put it outside the building we use when we have meetings. I wanted it to be permanent affixed to the building but we meet in a school and they said no, so I put it on a pole and we use a bucket filled with cement to hold it up. the command signs hang from the bottom and are removable for ease of changing. Any one else have something like this?

Yes I know the C/CC is off center, I put it on and forgot the C/ so when I added that it made it off center.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

Bluelakes 13

I use the large CAP emblem on magnetic backing on the doors of the hangars we meet.  I like your squadron sign. I may think about doing something like that.

I won't bother with CC and C/CC - they change too often!   ;D

jeders

We have something like that permanently affixed to our building, though not nearly as detailed and nice as yours.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

flyguy06

Quote from: SSgt Rudin on February 05, 2008, 09:34:14 PM
I made this for my squadron, got the design idea from the squadron I was in in the Navy.
We put it outside the building we use when we have meetings. I wanted it to be permanent affixed to the building but we meet in a school and they said no, so I put it on a pole and we use a bucket filled with cement to hold it up. the command signs hang from the bottom and are removable for ease of changing. Any one else have something like this?

Yes I know the C/CC is off center, I put it on and forgot the C/ so when I added that it made it off center.

Why did you put the SER-FL-016 in such big letters and the Squadron name is little letters. The name is more important than the charter number.

Also, I dont know if I would put the Cadet Commander's name on their. They cahnge so frequently you will be updating it all the time.

Murph

Just had this made:

Had it printed on vinyl.  Working on a good way to attach it to our building.  We'll most likely frame it out and cover it with plexi-glass then mount it on some poles that we stick into the ground.  We want to avoid making holes in the siding of the building.

It was actually a bit of a PITA to get it approved - you have to keep in mind that your area may have signage rules.

My 2 cents.

(Artwork Courtesy Eclipse)

flyguy06

Quote from: Murph on February 05, 2008, 10:49:19 PM
Just had this made:

Had it printed on vinyl.  Working on a good way to attach it to our building.  We'll most likely frame it out and cover it with plexi-glass then mount it on some poles that we stick into the ground.  We want to avoid making holes in the siding of the building.

It was actually a bit of a PITA to get it approved - you have to keep in mind that your area may have signage rules.

My 2 cents.

(Artwork Courtesy Eclipse)

Now, thats a nice looking sign.

mikeylikey

I was always lucky to just be on BASE or at a National Guard facility.  Had the military sign shop make ours up for us at each SQD I was in.  Always was free.     

I do like the sign SSGT RUDIN made.  Looks good!  Are the Command Plates wood also?  They look metal, (going for that look I am sure).
What's up monkeys?

SSgt Rudin

We change our cadet commander once a year at the banquet and squadron commander even less often, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus I think for now on we are just going to order the names online, costs about 8 bucks each, so $16 a year (ish) ain't that bad. Plus it's so much easier and comes in cooler fonts.

The command plates are wood, they were pre-made, ready to paint. I believe I got them at Michaels Crafts. Used the same letters as the squadron name for the title and vinyl letters for the names.

The charter number is bigger than the squadron name for two reasons: 1 there wasn't a very big selection of letter sizes, in fact the three there, were it, the numbers used for the charter number were too big to use for the unit name. 2 it was cheaper the 2" letters (used for charter number) were about $1.50 each, the 1" letters (used for unit name) were $4.00 for a box with 4 of a-z & 1-9.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

JAFO78

Well done a very fine sign it is... :clap: :clap: :clap:
JAFO

floridacyclist

Ours is very similar to Eclipse's. We made it up for our fair display, but we also hang it out in front of the sq bld on the chain-link fence during meetings and can carry it in parades. Just a printed heavy vinyl sign with our logo, name of hte unit, contact number and website on it, all in big letters so that folks can see and read it easily without a lot to remember. I'd post a picture of it if I could find it...might be on a different computer. They gave us a big price break as a non-profit, plus I let them put a small logo of their company on a corner.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

jb512

Grr, all these negative people...

There's no reason why you can't put the commander and the cadet commander hanging under your sign.  The AF style white letters on blue on the metal plates work just fine for us.

alamrcn

I dig the CC and C/CC portions. As stated, it is minimal effort and cost to change them when needed.

And, you can add "your name in lights" to the short list of tangible benefits that come along with being in a command possition.

Nice job!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Short Field

Nice job - very professional looking.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

notaNCO forever