England privatizing at least some SAR ?

Started by tribalelder, March 28, 2013, 02:11:31 PM

tribalelder

article from USA-

http://usat.ly/10eZYRI

It's about the prince losing his job in 2015 as the UK privatizes SAR.

WE ARE HERE ON CAPTALK BECAUSE WE ALL CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM. We may not always agree and we should not always agree.  One of our strengths as an organization is that we didn't all go to the same school, so we all know how to do something different and differently. 
Since we all care about CAP, its members and our missions, sometimes our discussions will be animated, but they should always civil -- after all, it's in our name.

sardak

Well, it's about time. We discussed this almost three years ago.  http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=9877

Mike

Flying Pig

DArn..... looks like Prince William is done flying.  Pretty difficult to be a pilot when you are non-deployable. Maybe he'll go be an instructor.  At least SAR was a real world mission. Maybe he'll bail out of the royal family for an SIC slot with Bristow making $65K a year!  >:D

The Infamous Meerkat

I have to admit, it's pretty sad that they wouldn't let him go, it was really cool to see Prince Harry on Camp Bastion. :)
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC

Flying Pig

MAN!!!  Could you imagine if anything ever happened to that guy!  I could care less about the royal family.  The whole idea just makes me shake my head as an American but its important to them.  Not to say that it wouldnt be cool to see or meet them.

JeffDG

Quote from: The Infamous Meerkat on March 28, 2013, 03:47:20 PM
I have to admit, it's pretty sad that they wouldn't let him go, it was really cool to see Prince Harry on Camp Bastion. :)
Harry's not near the top of the succession, and is soon to be bumped down another rung.  William's #2

Flying Pig

We were talking about Prince William.  Meerkat was just commenting that hes seen Harry before at Bastion

The Infamous Meerkat

That was never a question really, I knew why Harry was there. Still, it was pretty cool to hear some of our 53 pilots talk about being covered by him. It was just neat to know that the guy didn't have to do any of it, but he was still out there covering a sector like everyone else. :)

Naturally, if William were able to, I know he'd want to be out there.
Captain Kevin Brizzi, CAP
SGT, USMC
Former C/TSgt, CAP
Former C/MAJ, Army JROTC