Main Menu

Recruiting ad

Started by usafcap1, October 16, 2012, 04:01:48 AM

usafcap1

I plan to run this in a local newspaper. Tell me what you think.

Thanks

Want to make a difference in your community, while serving your country? Join the Civil Air Patrol,  the official auxiliary of the United States Air Force. The Civil Air Patrol specializes in Air and Ground Search and Rescue, Disaster Relief, Homeland Security, Photo Reconnaissance, and much much more. We also offer cadet programs for teens who are interested in a career in aviation, space, or the military. You must be between the ages of 12 and 17 years of age to join as a cadet.

My info

Join us to serve and protect our Community, State, and Nation.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

a2capt

The Cadet Program is a leadership program, not just for "aviation, space or the military", and the cadet program shouldn't be a "we also offer.." that makes it sound second rate. CAP has three missions.

Aerospace Education, Cadet Programs and Emergency Services.

Cadets can start the program through the age of 18. At the age of 18 they can do either Cadet or Senior Member (flight officer).  But the window does not shut until the 19th birthday.

usafcap1

I have changed and added

Cadet programs: For teens who are interested in a career in aviation, space, or the military. You must be between the ages of 12 and 18 years of age to join as a cadet.

Senior programs: Must be at least 18 years old. There is no maximum age limit.

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

SarDragon

Quote from: usafcap1 on October 16, 2012, 05:34:11 AM
I have changed and added

Cadet programs: For teens who are interested in a career in aviation, space, or the military. You must be between the ages of 12 and 17 18 years of age to join as a cadet.

FTFY. See a2capt's post above.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

usafcap1

Quote from: SarDragon on October 16, 2012, 06:48:33 AM
Quote from: usafcap1 on October 16, 2012, 05:34:11 AM
I have changed and added

Cadet programs: For teens who are interested in a career in aviation, space, or the military. You must be between the ages of 12 and 17 18 years of age to join as a cadet.

FTFY. See a2capt's post above.

Sorry I didn't catch that  :o  :-\

(Cadet 2008-2012)

BillB

You're looking at the cadet aspect from the viewpoint of an adult. A teenager is not in the least bit interested in "leadership". He/she is interested in the military or aviation aspect of the program. And to a minor extent the social intercourse between peer members. Sure leadership is an important part of the cadet program, but you won't recrit a teenager by stressing it. Stress what the teenager might be interested in, not what you think the program is.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

GroundHawg

FWIW, our local papers offer us free space for ads, in two years, we have never had a single person contact us because of the ad. Our website, facebook page, and word of mouth get us alot of our recruits. Our biggest draw is our recruiting booth at the county fair and our open house, we get tons of our folks that way.

a2capt

Hence my comments from the angle I was coming at. Kids don't read the paper typically. Porch yellers, and parents, yes. Those are the ones you are targeting. If they see something that appeals to them, they might try to sell it to their kids.. and themselves.

But online is the ticket these days.