Main Menu

NEW!!! Squadron theme song

Started by usafcap1, April 18, 2012, 10:00:57 AM

usafcap1

Since our Squadron patch is black and yellow our squadron commander says that our NEW squadron theme song is going to be Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow Black and Yellow Clean Version

What do you think about that?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

Dad2-4

If there's a "clean" version, then there's obviously an unclean version. I think it's a bad idea to even joke about it being the squadron song because then someone is going to sing the unclean version at a squadron meeting or other CAP event.

Eclipse

Quote from: usafcap1 on April 18, 2012, 10:00:57 AM

I seriously doubt it.

If your Group or Wing CC gets wind of it, that will be the end of that.

Where would a unit use an "official song" anyway?  This one certainly isn't in a time that would allow it to be used as
a cadence, and even if it were no encampment commander or other activity POC with a lick of sense would allow you
to use it in public.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP_Marine

Well seeing as the song contains explicit references to drug use (not surprising when it came off the album "Rolling Papers"), I would say right there it is a disqualifier. One can pick a radio edit or clean version, it doesn't change the fact it is what the song is at least in part about. More importantly, and has already been stated, why do you need a squadron song?

jeders

I have to seriously ask, is your squadron commander a child or something? Because I really don't think that a self respecting squadron commander over the age 19 would choose this as a squadron song.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

titanII

Quote from: jeders on April 18, 2012, 03:22:45 PM
I have to seriously ask, is your squadron commander a child or something? Because I really don't think that a self respecting squadron commander over the age 19 would choose this as a squadron song.
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the squadron commander was joking about making a Wiz Khalifa song the squadron theme song.
No longer active on CAP talk

commando1

Since our Squadron patch is black and yellow our squadron commander says that our NEW squadron theme song is going to be Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
I think its a bad joke actually. I really hope so...
Non Timebo Mala

RogueLeader

Quote from: commando1 on April 18, 2012, 03:50:36 PM
Since our Squadron patch is black and yellow our squadron commander says that our NEW squadron theme song is going to be Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
I think its a bad joke actually. I really hope so...

It's not April first...
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

AngelWings

You have a very good sense of humor.

Spaceman3750

Hm. In this case can I propose the Lumberjack Song for my squadron's "theme song" (whatever that means)?

commando1

What was the OLD theme song and why do you need one...? What possible purpose would a theme song serve?
Non Timebo Mala

SarDragon

I'm going off topic here, but I must ask a Q of the OP - How is it that you have a Red Service ribbon in your sig line, but only the Curry achievement to go with it? At a minimum completion rate of one achievement every six months, you should have at least three or four more ribbons.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

usafcap1

Quote from: SarDragon on April 18, 2012, 09:25:00 PM
I'm going off topic here, but I must ask a Q of the OP - How is it that you have a Red Service ribbon in your sig line, but only the Curry achievement to go with it? At a minimum completion rate of one achievement every six months, you should have at least three or four more ribbons.

I'll send you an PM re this topic

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

Quote from: CAP_Marine on April 18, 2012, 02:20:38 PM
why do you need a squadron song?

Our squadron commander was joking around. He says he is just trying to be "hip"   ;D

(Cadet 2008-2012)

AngelWings

Trololololololololol. We've all been trolled.

usafcap1

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

whatevah

Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin