Have you ever been away from CAP for a while?

Started by Smoothice, February 10, 2011, 08:02:26 PM

What's the longest you had to be away from CAP? Was it akward returning?

Never missed a week!
6 (13.6%)
Couple times here and there, no biggy
12 (27.3%)
More than a month, and nobody seemed to worry about it
17 (38.6%)
More than a month, and I caught heck for it!
3 (6.8%)
I'm still away..I'm afraid of going back!
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 20, 2011, 08:02:26 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: SARJunkie on February 13, 2011, 01:46:02 AM
Boss... im in the same boat.  17 years down the tube.  I have done nothing but good for the organization, donated several thousands of dollars in equipment, and time.   The Wing Command staff has totally ran away all the 'good guys' who know their stuff, and are professionals.  Many of which actually do emergency services, EMS, LE, Fire, EM  etc as their real job.  The top three in the Wing only listen to their friends, who of course have no real ES experience, and ignore the rest.   Its not just in ES but for all facets of the Wing.  The Wing Vice dosent give a [darn] who he pisses off, or who he offends.  Many good people have left because of them!

I don't get this attitude.   You did nothing for 17 years?  Is that why it is a waste?  Or did you expect to ascend to some level of "power" where
"your plan" is "The Plan"?  When we agree with people who walk a line regardless of response, we call them "strong leaders", when we don't,
they are "poor managers".

Do you think people in the military feel they wasted their careers when a new administration comes into office and changes the strategic direction
of the nation?  Welcome to the circle of life.

As long as you did your best, took advantage of the opportunities within your reach, and treated people as you would be treated, your time was not "wasted".

"That Others May Zoom"

SARJunkie

Ex CAP Guy!

SARJunkie

Ex CAP Guy!