Any Logistics Officers out there??

Started by Smoothice, November 05, 2010, 02:20:25 PM

Smoothice

Hello,
I have just been apointed Logistics Officer for my squadron. I am the logistics guy at work, so I guess I was voted in :-)   I have been acting supply officer, and we kind of "melded" the two together. It is all new to me, and I am wondering if I could share correspondance with someone doing the same job that already has everyting running smoothly.

I would appreciate it if you could help out.

arajca

Read 174-1 cover to cover. Read it again.

Log into Eservices and go to ORMS. Download the users guide. Read it. Look at what ORMS says your unit has and compare that with what your unit actually has. You should have done (or do) a change-over inventory. The details are in ORMS.

Contact your wing Director of Logisitics for any wing-specific requirements and for pertient advice.

Good Luck.

Eclipse

For the most part your job will be simple - insuring you know the whereabouts and condition of any property assigned to your squadron.
National is generally only interested in stuff which is either issued by them, or paid for with corporate funds.

Make sure you understand the rules on expendable property and what really needs to be tagged and tracked, including any wing or lower policies.  Don't overcomplicated your universe (and your ultimate successors) by trying to track every pencil and paperclip in ORMS if you aren't required to.

Never list something as "missing" without discussing it with your wing LG (this generates a Region-level ROS automatically), and never, ever, indicate the source of something as "Found On Base", unless it really was "found on a military base".

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

First thing you do after seeing what's listed as your unit equipment in ORMS is to physically verify it's existance and the model and serial numbers. If they don't match let your commander and Wing LG ASAP. Voice of Experience
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on November 05, 2010, 08:08:56 PM

First thing you do after seeing what's listed as your unit equipment in ORMS is to physically verify it's existance and the model and serial numbers. If they don't match let your commander and Wing LG ASAP. Voice of Experience

+1 - don't sign that s8 on anything that might be missing.  You would be surprised how many hands a missing piece of gear can go through
until someone notices - then it is the last guy's problem who signed for it.

"That Others May Zoom"