Main Menu

CAP Business Cards

Started by Spaceman3750, October 08, 2010, 07:37:58 PM

EMT-83

When you design your card, I would say that less is more. Use the proper logo as specified by regulation, and limit the use of fonts and colors. In other words, keep it professional.

BuckeyeDEJ

There was an "official" CAP business card available through the (now defunct) CAP Bookstore. It was printed in two spot colors (reflex blue and red) on white, with the seal in the upper left corner.

There was no other art element on it.

There's nothing wrong with that. Keep it simple, keep the permutations down.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

FlyTiger77

Quote from: HGjunkie on October 08, 2010, 08:02:23 PM

Yeah, I know. I need a new mug.  8)

Replaced some personal ID info with generic stuff. You can add or remove to it, I don't care.

Why would you list your name as Last, Middle Initial, First as opposed to First MI Last?
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

James Shaw

This is my own card design. I did not follow anyone's specific format I just did this myself. I have a small print-shop of my own where I can do raised printing and such. I do calligraphy as a business and make wedding invitations and other related things. I do the calligraphy by hand but use the machines to "mass produce".

I make my own cards on various kinds of paper depending on the intent and the audience. If you like the design, feel free to use it. I print on both sides and once again it depends on the audience. This has worked out well for me. The front part stays the same but the rear of the card changes.

If I am going to something AE or CP related than I will put that information on the back. If it is history related than I will change it. I usually print about 50 of the cards when I go somewhere.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Spaceman3750

I really like this design. Thanks for posting it!

GMat

Is there an "official" CAP business card?  If so, where can it be found?

davidsinn

Quote from: GMat on December 03, 2010, 02:16:52 AM
Is there an "official" CAP business card?  If so, where can it be found?

There isn't one. Just remember to keep it simple and don't misrepresent yourself.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

arBar

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on October 08, 2010, 09:50:34 PM
OK, here's a question. On a business card, would you use www.cap.gov or www.gocivilairpatrol.com for our website?

I think listing both national and local websites are appropriate.  The national site (www.gocivilairpatrol.com) is specifically designed for recruiting.  If you want to display credibility, that site's videos say more than a .gov extension can.  Seeing what we do is a major selling point. 

Another major selling point I think is to emphasize the volunteer nature of our organization.  Listing the .gov extension (though not bad per se) could potentially convey the opposite meaning to some people.