Hawk Mountain Winter School

Started by footballrun21, August 19, 2005, 01:33:26 AM

footballrun21

If I go to the comming up (Feb. 2006) winter ranger basic course at hawk mountain, am I qualified to be a ranger.  Meaning do i get to wear the patch, do the ranger curl, search and rescue, etc.????

Someone help me so I know!!!!
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

MIKE

I don't believe Winter Hawk has been granted NCSA status... So no NCSA patch or ribbon for Winter Hawk as far as I know.

Ranger curls/rolls in the BDU cap are prohibited by CAPM 39-1... And the rest of the Ranger Bling is not authorized off of the mountain or outside PAWG
Mike Johnston

Greg

Quote from: footballrun21 on August 19, 2005, 01:33:26 AM
If I go to the comming up (Feb. 2006) winter ranger basic course at hawk mountain, am I qualified to be a ranger.  Meaning do i get to wear the patch, do the ranger curl, search and rescue, etc.????

Someone help me so I know!!!!

Well, I see that at least one cadet became interested in Hawk after the NCSA class at NJWG Encampment!
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

footballrun21

C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: footballrun21 on August 19, 2005, 04:45:30 PM
what about summer then?

Completion of Summer School will get you the shoulder patch. More importantly, you'll take home everything you learn at the school - a wee bit more important IMHO.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

MIKE

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on August 19, 2005, 05:41:46 PM
More importantly, you'll take home everything you learn at the school - a wee bit more important IMHO.

HOOAH!

It's not about the uniform bling... It's about the knowledge you gain from the experience.

www.cadetstuff.org has some really good articles about Hawk (both the winter and summer schools) in the archives.
Mike Johnston

whatevah

completion of the course lets you ONLY wear the shoulder patch, nothing more[/u].

The tabs are NOT authorized in any unit or wing, no matter what people may tell you.  The "ranger curl" is also NOT authorized.

Now, the cool stuff.  As you go through the training at Hawk, your SQTR sheet should be filled out for the training you complete. When you get home, enter that information into the online eServices.  Once one of the sections is complete, you should be granted Ground Team Member Level 3 status.  They may even put the info online for you, I know that the National Emergency Services Academy does it for you.  Then, you can print out the 101 Card, which lists your Search and Rescue qualifications.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

fyrfitrmedic

Back to Winter School for a moment...

A few years ago when I ran Sierra at Winter School East, I had a student from Hawaii Wing.

Tell me that's not hard-core!  ;D
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn