COWG Cadet Competition

Started by Abby.L, December 31, 2011, 07:32:47 AM

Abby.L

Oaky, so I'm assuming that all cadet competitions follow the same rules as NCC. So, how does it work? It was recently announce in my wing that we would be doing the wing level competition. As my squadron has not fielded a team in the past 2 years that I've been here, nor any years before that, I'm trying to convince my C/CC to field one. I'm not sure of the rules and regulations for this, but I will(More than likely) be the OIC. I'm not sure if only enlisted are allowed to be in the team, or if the OIC is too, or what. Again, I'm taking on this challenge to make a name for my squadron. So can anyone point me towards what we need, what regulations, ect, that we'd have to get/find/follow? Thanks in advance!
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

a2capt

CAPR 52-4 :)

(Click the page .. get the book.. )

Start there.

Abby.L

Is it supposed to go to a 404 message? I would hope not...  :'(  :P
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

a2capt

...no, but if you see the resulting URL the error is obvious.  Dunno how that happened.

One of these chewed up and spit out crummy CMS generated NHQ links:

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/M524_BA28735E30531.pdf

Abby.L

There we go. That's better. So I'll through it, and if I have any more questions, I can bring 'em back.  >:D
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

arajca

color guard - only enlisted cadets

drill team - any cadets

For more details and rules on the competition, contact the Project Officer. He'll have the most current and accurate information on the competition. Better yet, have your Commander or Deputy for Cadets contact the Project Officer and make the appropriate arrangments for you to continue the discussions.

Ron1319

I would like to provide some encouragement and say that the rewards of putting together a team are great and you should definitely pursue it.  It can also be a great opportunity to work with cadets from other squadrons in your group and combine to make a stronger team.  If you have any questions, please post them and those of us with lots of drill team experience will be happy to respond.
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319