Units Below Internal Financial Review checklist

Started by Eclipse, July 01, 2009, 01:34:10 AM

Eclipse

The new 173-1 & the KB references the "Units Below Wing Internal Financial Review checklist" should be used for the audits required for a new commander of FM, but I can't find the actual document.

Anyone?

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

The "IFR" checklist hasn't been written yet.  However, it probably won't be too complicated as everything is now done thru Wing Banker. 

Eclipse

Well that's just awesome, considering the current 173-1 is over 2 years old and the use of the checklist
for command changes and new FM's requires its use.

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

CAPR 173-1 para 15 states "Financial Review. Upon change of a unit commander and/or finance officer, an internal review must be performed. This must also be done quarterly in accordance with paragraph 3k of this regulation. Unit funds may be subjected to an internal review at the end of the fiscal year. Reviews may be performed by senior members of the unit when designated in writing by the unit commander. Items are to be reviewed in accordance with The Units Below Internal Financial Review. Units participating in the Wing Banker Program will be provided with an updated financial report from wing level, detailing the unit's banking activity and fund balances for the past year and will not be required to perform an Internal Financial Review."

Eclipse

Yes, saw that, however my wing still has the units maintain some semblance of "old school" records.

Perhaps they won't need to anymore.

"That Others May Zoom"

FW

Every unit below wing must participate in the Wing Banker Program. 
Internal Financial Reviews don't need to be done anymore however, for squadrons having investment accounts (locally held), some kind of IFR will need to be done with CC and FM changes.  The form will be very short and will mostly deal with reports from the wing to the unit; not the other way around.   This is "new school"  8)

Lord of the North

I have a PDF copy of the IFR dated 16 Nov 2005 if you want it.  I'm not sure how to attach it to this message so let me know if you want it.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"