No
10 (37%)
Thought about it, found my answers some other place
1 (3.7%)
Found the answers to my questions elsewhere
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Tim Medeiros

Just curious to see how many of us use the eServices Help Desk.  To me its proved to be a valuable tool, don't know about others on here though.

Feel free to share comments about it.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Al Sayre

I've used them a couple of times to fix stuff that I can't do as a commander, like spelling of a last name, or a cadet's birthdate etc.  Found them very responsive and helpful.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

I've used it twice, both times I was told a fix is in progress, the first time the ticket closed automatically with no resolution, the second one is still open with no ETA.

"That Others May Zoom"

Capt Rivera

I've used them just a couple of times. If I remember correctly when I had questions I found the answers.

When I had a comment/suggestion for correction...For example, letting them know that there is no such thing as the Coast Guard Guard, The Marine Guard, the air force reserve guard, etc.....  They thanked me and fixed it right away....

I do admit that sometimes I forget that the option to use them is there. Its not very prominent. I really do have to think about it. (unlike the knowledge base)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Kerrbie

I've visted the help desk ....however it wasn't too helpful. Cause in order to use it...you have to be logged in. >< I can't do that.
C/2nd Lt Katheryn Kerr, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, Group 2
Carroll Composite Squadron, MD Wing, MER

Capt Rivera

Quote from: KatieK4t on August 20, 2008, 02:19:18 PM
I've visted the help desk ....however it wasn't too helpful. Cause in order to use it...you have to be logged in. >< I can't do that.

ummm Why can't you? [you can PM if you like...]
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: BCC ICP on August 20, 2008, 02:19:18 PM
You should be able to click on the CAP Help Desk link in eServices and have it automatically sign you in, I know it did that for me but things may have changed since they first deployed it.
1577/2811

Kerrbie

Nope. The sites changed a bit.

Every time I try and log it. It doesn't accept my password which I KNOW is right. And it cant have changed yet cause it hasn't been six months since I last signed in. So I went to password recovery and entered in the info. I get an email back saying I need to enter in the info. Which I just said I did. Not the first time it's happened either. Last time it happened I emailed National I think and they sent me a new password. However I can't find the email I used last time to try that again. *sigh*
C/2nd Lt Katheryn Kerr, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, Group 2
Carroll Composite Squadron, MD Wing, MER

Capt Rivera

Quote from: BCC ICP on August 21, 2008, 09:35:52 AM

Every time I try and log it. It doesn't accept my password which I KNOW is right. And it cant have changed yet cause it hasn't been six months since I last signed in. So I went to password recovery and entered in the info. I get an email back saying I need to enter in the info. Which I just said I did. Not the first time it's happened either. Last time it happened I emailed National I think and they sent me a new password. However I can't find the email I used last time to try that again. *sigh*

My only advice to you is to do what you need to do to login. If thats contacting NHQ again, so be it. You need access, so get it. Once you get access make sure that you retain it. Your continued access and the security of your account all play into the responsibilities you have as a CAP member. As a Cadet NCO I expect that you've learned anything you could have from the process and will make sure your next password continues to work for you.

Check to see if your password has issues with case sensitivity or special characters

don't give your password out or use something someone else can guess

Don't let anyone use your account for any reason without you monitoring what they are doing

If your password is 8 characters long, be sure that you are typing 8 characters
        a stuck key will mess you up almost every time

Make sure your password does not get saved on public or squadron computers
      this again gives people other then you access to your account...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: BCC ICP on August 21, 2008, 09:35:52 AM

If you would like I could submit a help desk query on your behalf in regards to your eServices password and have the responses emailed to you.  Just send me a PM and we'll go from there.
1577/2811