Main Menu

Unit locations

Started by kcebnaes, August 31, 2015, 04:02:23 PM

kcebnaes

I'd like to get to know more about the day to day functions of CAP. So today, my question is: if not on a military installation, or an airport of some sort, where does your unit hold meetings?
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Thingsā„¢

TheSkyHornet

My squadron hosts out of an airport, even though we aren't a flying squadron. We use the airport's community/meeting room which we share with the airport. Holding our meetings on Sunday evenings, we don't get in the way of pilot ground school. Technically, our squadron would be able to operate as-usual anywhere other than an airport, but it makes for some easier links to aviation activities.

The neighboring squadron meets at the local Community Center, not anywhere near an airport or military facility (i.e., armory).

Note:
I see you're out of Bowling Green. Medina/Lorain here.

stixco1

We meet in a building on the Greater Binghamton Health Center Campus...

Capt Thompson

My former Squadron met at the local Senior Center, then at an abandoned High School, and for a while in a room at the local Police station. I've seen other units meet at a local VFW or American Legion. Middle Schools, High Schools and Community Colleges and Churches are also popular.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)

Bryce7454

We hold our meetings at a church.

Eaker Guy

We have our own building near the airport.

Alaric

Quote from: kcebnaes on August 31, 2015, 04:02:23 PM
I'd like to get to know more about the day to day functions of CAP. So today, my question is: if not on a military installation, or an airport of some sort, where does your unit hold meetings?

Library

Holding Pattern

As a cadet and as a SM, I've been lucky in that both squadrons that I've belonged to have been on airfields and both have aircraft. I would like to visit some non-airfield CAP squadrons in the future.

JC004

gebfamcap

Paul_AK

We meet in our own hangar at the airport. Back when I was stationed in MT, the Cadets met in several different buildings on and around base and the Seniors had a hangar up at the airport.
Paul M. McBride
TSgt, 176 SFS, AKANG
1st Lt, AK CAP

Earhart #13376

Spam

My current command: basement of an RC church. Not sure they realize how many Protestant, Jewish and Muslim cadets we have there on WED nights.

My previous command: stored our shared hangar on base with the Flying Club, right next to the nuclear alert aircraft ("Cadets, do not talk to or wave at those men with rifles, they are not selected for their humor or tolerance").

My first command: squeezed into the absolute smallest combat electronics unit on St. Louis Lambert ANGB. Staff meetings, closings, and promo boards were all stand up affairs. On the plus side, we learned a lot about radar, jammers and other EW gear.

V/R,
Spam

PHall

We meet in half of a converted fourplex house on Naval Surface Warfare Center Norco, California.
The other half of the building is occupied by the Sea Cadets.

Eaker Guy

Quote from: Spam on September 07, 2015, 04:49:41 PM
My current command: basement of an RC church. Not sure they realize how many Protestant, Jewish and Muslim cadets we have there on WED nights.

My previous command: stored our shared hangar on base with the Flying Club, right next to the nuclear alert aircraft ("Cadets, do not talk to or wave at those men with rifles, they are not selected for their humor or tolerance").

My first command: squeezed into the absolute smallest combat electronics unit on St. Louis Lambert ANGB. Staff meetings, closings, and promo boards were all stand up affairs. On the plus side, we learned a lot about radar, jammers and other EW gear.

V/R,
Spam

Sounds cool, except for the last one.

conca27

My squadron has held meetings in a deserted armory for a while now. We are actually moving to a new armory next week.
New York Wing Encampment 2013 - Echo Inflight
New York Wing Encampment 2014 - Foxtrot Flight Sergeant
Air Force Civil Engineering Academy 2015 - Graduate
Rochester Composite Squadron - Alpha Flight Commander; Operations Officer
Billy Mitchell Award #66326

Eaker Guy

Quote from: conca27 on September 08, 2015, 03:16:18 PM
My squadron has held meetings in a deserted armory for a while now. We are actually moving to a new armory next week.

You must have fun on Halloween.  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D