Main Menu

USAA

Started by KyCAP, October 16, 2011, 06:54:01 PM

KyCAP

Just checking in..  CAP members without prior service are not allowed to join USAA right?  Anyone?
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

nesagsar

Anyone can make a USAA account but veterans get the best benefits.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: KyCAP on October 16, 2011, 06:54:01 PM
Just checking in..  CAP members without prior service are not allowed to join USAA right?  Anyone?
This web page will answer your question fully:
https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/why_choose_usaa_eligibility_main

I'm surprised someone in CAP hasn't approach them about adding CAP senior members to the mix :-\ ::)
RM

KyCAP

Yea, I ran through that tool.    USAA has an AWESOME new auto purchase discounts for those who qualify for their Auto-Insurance (military related membership).

On 2011 Mercedes GL SUV they have $6000 no haggle incentive.   That takes their base GL and makes them come into price with high end Ford and Chevy products.    If you're former military and not seen this and looking for new vehicles it's a ridiculous incentive that is a small salute for your service.  Its' $3000 on 2012 MB GL SUV.  $1000 on Jeep and GM products as well.   MB is really making a stab at lowering their cost to get to those looking for American SUV with that offer.   :clap:
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

bosshawk

Having been a USAA member since 1960, I can attest to their great deals.  I insure just about everything, except my dog, with them and I have my banking at their bank.  It is true that anyone can deal with the bank, but only current or prior service can use the insurance.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

cap235629

this thread made me look at the USAA website again.  In the past I could never get an online quote for some reason.  This time I was successful.  I became a member and switched saving myself 50 per month. Now I must get back to watching my Patriots kill the cowgirls......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

SarDragon

[OT]

Doesn't look like there's much killin' goin' on; 13-10 as we speak, 8:03 left in the 3rd Q.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

USAA has loosened up their membership requirements lately. If you're the son or daughter of a veteran you qualify to join.
I remember all of the whining that went on when they opened membership up to enlisted. You would have thought that the world was coming to the end! >:D

MSG Mac

I am also a member of USAA. They actually were campaigning forCAP members a few years ago and actually had a booth at a couple of National conferences. They are very good to their customers and as stated have great deals.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Short Field

USAA auto rates have increased to the point other insurance companies can beat them. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

PHall

Quote from: Short Field on October 18, 2011, 06:50:22 AM
USAA auto rates have increased to the point other insurance companies can beat them.

Yeah, but they still have excellant customer service. Which is a plus in my book.

vmstan

MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

raivo

I'm saddened that they dropped ATM reimbursement, though. :/

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Shotgun

Quote from: raivo on November 01, 2011, 06:34:04 AM

I'm still getting reimbursed for ATM service fees.

And, they still advertise that feature on the website for the free checking account.

Where did you hear they were dropping that service.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Man Of Action on November 01, 2011, 08:51:13 PM
Quote from: raivo on November 01, 2011, 06:34:04 AM

I'm still getting reimbursed for ATM service fees.

And, they still advertise that feature on the website for the free checking account.

Where did you hear they were dropping that service.

What he said. We got a reimbursement just last week.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

http://www.americanbanker.com/issues/176_130/usaa-to-end-debit-rewards-1039828-1.html

"The San Antonio institution, which serves U.S. military members and their families, made the announcement July 6, citing research the bank conducted that suggested its cardholders would rather forgo debit rewards than a free checking account and ATM-fee reimbursement."

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Debit R
Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2011, 11:49:42 PM
http://www.americanbanker.com/issues/176_130/usaa-to-end-debit-rewards-1039828-1.html

"The San Antonio institution, which serves U.S. military members and their families, made the announcement July 6, citing research the bank conducted that suggested its cardholders would rather forgo debit rewards than a free checking account and ATM-fee reimbursement."
ewards do not mean ATM reimbursements. It means amassing points based on purchases and usage to tradein for merchandise, trips, etc.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

bosshawk

I have had no indications from USAA that they were dropping ATM reimbursement fees.  In fact, I just got one reimbursed in the last couple of days.

If it ain't from USAA, in writing, it ain't.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Eclipse

What the article says is they are dropping erewards 1 Sept in order to maintain ATM reimbusiments.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Is that, by any chance, genuine Midwest gibberish?   >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret