Main Menu

Unit IT Plan of Action

Started by vento, September 24, 2010, 11:17:57 PM

vento

Resurrecting an old thread.   >:D

Does anybody have an example of "Unit IT Plan of Action"? It is one of the requirements for Information Technology Specialty Track Senior Level. I've never seen one before and am wondering what is the general format of such plan. Highly appreciated if you can provide or share an example.

Thanks in advance for any input.

a2capt

Quote from: vento on September 24, 2010, 11:17:57 PM
Resurrecting an old thread.   >:D

Does anybody have an example of "Unit IT Plan of Action"? It is one of the requirements for Information Technology Specialty Track Senior Level. I've never seen one before and am wondering what is the general format of such plan. Highly appreciated if you can provide or share an example.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I, too, have reached that .. perhaps we can collaborate a bit on it too, we're nearby .. 

JC004

I had one someplace, but that doesn't mean much with all the files that I have everywhere.  Basically, it'll depend so much on what infrastructure you require that it's hard to create a sample that applies all over.  What I did was sort of a selection of different possibilities based on:
- Hardware
- Software
- Network
- Web infrastructure

Among other things, I included an inventory for hardware and a list of standard software for each computer under software.  I put the software list on here a long time ago http://www.pawingcap.com/information-technology

I'd make a bunch of changes to that now, including adding a utilities suite of:
- AVG Business Edition
- Auslogics Disk Defrag
- CCleaner
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

I'd probably include Cute PDF Writer and pdfsam.  Skype and Teamviewer would be excellent.

For web, I generally use WordPress for websites and intranets both with a nice set of plugins.

Now that I look at what I posted on the PAWG site a couple years ago, I must have had another (better) list somewhere because it doesn't include the standard suite that I used to install on squadron computers that I worked on for different units.  I will have to see if I can find that.  I also included a standard locally-stored homepage for the browser which was a set of links and tools - a jumping off point to different CAP sites, forms, regulations, weather data, (Google) web search, and other mission-related items.

peter rabbit

Help an old man out - what are ya'll discussing that is different than Specialty Track 227? Are you talking about an update to that pamphlet or something entirely different?

JC004

P 227 in practice.  That is, there is no sample IT Plan of Action attached. 

I developed a sample but it appears that I either stupidly never posted it on the wing site when I worked on that or they've since deleted it in the year that has past since I did.  I know that I sent it by e-mail to the list of ITOs that I had at the time, so maybe instead of looking through all my externals and flash drives, I should send a couple e-mails and see if anyone still has it.