Who is going to the National Conference in San Diego??

Started by Smokey, August 27, 2010, 07:24:26 PM

Smokey

Which of you CAPTALKERS is going to San Diego???

Maybe we should all try to get together?

I'll be there as of Wednesday morning for the G1000 class.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Larry Mangum

Home turf for me as well. Will be there Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

RogueLeader

Sorry, will be in college, again.  Hope to make it next year.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MSG Mac

I'll arrive on  the first. leave the afternoon of the 4th. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

AS of the moment, I'm attending the G1000 class. I have not worked out forking over the additional dough for the rest.

Gotta figure out parking or decide if I want to use the train/trolley to get there from Oceanside.

Chappie

Arriving late Tuesday afternoon -- a meeting all day Wednesday -- and then the Conference.  I think you will be able to spot me out in the crowd.  I will be wearing a blue uniform most of the time. ;D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Chappie

Quote from: a2capt on August 27, 2010, 08:30:45 PM
AS of the moment, I'm attending the G1000 class. I have not worked out forking over the additional dough for the rest.

Gotta figure out parking or decide if I want to use the train/trolley to get there from Oceanside.

The parking at the hotel is $24.00 per day...that may help you to decide.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

tarheel gumby

I will be there starting on fri afternoon and leave sunday morning

quote author=RogueLeader link=topic=11301.msg205927#msg205927 date=1282938822]
Sorry, will be in college, again.  Hope to make it next year.
[/quote]

Aaron, will you be at the NCWG Conf in Wilmington?
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

a2capt

Yeah, parking on site is $24/ as has been relayed, day pass on public transit is less than that. :) 

I'd really like to addend the conference itself.. probably be a long time to get a chance at it being this close, ever again. 

addo1

I will be at the National Conference in San Diego for the NCAC meeting. I will arrive Wednesday evening and will the there through Sunday morning. This will be my my third National Conference and 1st as a NCAC member. I am looking forward to it!
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Larry Mangum

I might have to consider the train myself. I would catch it either in Oceanside or in Carlsbad.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Eeyore

San Diego used to be my stomping grounds, now I'm paying to relive the pleasure.

I'll be there from the 30th - 5th.

vento

Quote from: Chappie on August 27, 2010, 08:46:18 PM
Quote from: a2capt on August 27, 2010, 08:30:45 PM

The parking at the hotel is $24.00 per day...that may help you to decide.

Parking at the Convention Center is about $10.  I will be attending the G-1000 class in the morning with a few more pilots in our squadron. We will be carpooling from Carlsbad/Encinitas area.

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JC004

Not I.  I hear, however, that there will be Anti-Triangle Thingy activists and guerrillas, so perhaps I will be there in spirit.  bahahahaha

James Shaw

I will be arriving wednesday morning and leaving sunday morning. I will do a presentation on Sat from 10:30 till 12:00 pm about the historical program with the National Historian and the Congressional Gold Medal project. I will then be doing another one from 1:30 until 3: 00 with other members of the historical foundation. Todd Engelman and Kacey Smith, and I will be presenting on behalf of the foundation and other projects.

I am looking forward to it.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Fubar

On average, how many people attend the national conference?

ColonelJack

Quote from: caphistorian on August 28, 2010, 06:20:00 PM
I will be arriving wednesday morning and leaving sunday morning. I will do a presentation on Sat from 10:30 till 12:00 pm about the historical program with the National Historian and the Congressional Gold Medal project. I will then be doing another one from 1:30 until 3: 00 with other members of the historical foundation. Todd Engelman and Kacey Smith, and I will be presenting on behalf of the foundation and other projects.

I am looking forward to it.

Wish I could be there to see it, my friend!  Kacey is excited about going and about being a presenter.  Have a great time and do a great job -- not that you ever do otherwise!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

badger bob

I will be coming in Tuesday morning to be ready for the Wed LG pre-conference. Staying until Sunday morning. This is my third National Boards and will also probably go to Louisville in 2011. If you catch me in the lounge- my favorite beer is cold beer
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320