Main Menu

NCSA Age problem

Started by swater96, September 13, 2009, 03:19:14 PM

Spike

This brings up a question I always had;

If a Cadet promotes every two months, always passes the tests, attends meetings and goes to encampment and gets the Mitchell, does that qualify them as a leader?  Or were they just good at memorizing text, running and had nothing better to do 4 nights per month??

Too many Commanders are afraid to lose Cadets if they choose to hold up promotions.  Some units have no mentoring program, and others pencil whip SDA requirements. 

It is great a Cadet gets their Spaatz, but did they really get anything out of the program, or did the staff just want their "Golden Cadet"?

NC Hokie

Quote from: Spike on September 21, 2009, 01:50:54 AM
If a Cadet promotes every two months, always passes the tests, attends meetings and goes to encampment and gets the Mitchell, does that qualify them as a leader?  Or were they just good at memorizing text, running and had nothing better to do 4 nights per month??

That scenario might not tell you much about the cadet's ability to lead others but it does say a LOT about his ability to lead himself (absent any pencil whipping or similar "helps").  Intelligent, self-motivated, dependable, goal-oriented...I'd have no problem giving that cadet a leadership position.  Sure, I might hold the reins a little tightly at first, but, a legitimately high-speed cadet deserves the opportunity to see what he can do.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Hoorah

Too many Commanders are afraid to lose Cadets if they choose to hold up promotions.  Some units have no mentoring program, and others pencil whip SDA requirements. 

It is great a Cadet gets their Spaatz, but did they really get anything out of the program, or did the staff just want their "Golden Cadet"?
Something don't seem right cause I know some Lt's that  I know in the program it took them 3 to 4 years for them to get their rank.

addo1

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on October 15, 2009, 09:14:24 PM

Something don't seem right cause I know some Lt's that  I know in the program it took them 3 to 4 years for them to get their rank.

Just let it alone... There is no need to revive a dead horse (so to speak. This is almost a month old and it was dealt with... Ok?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Spike

Quote from: addo1 on October 15, 2009, 09:18:57 PM
Just let it alone... There is no need to revive a dead horse (so to speak. This is almost a month old and it was dealt with... Ok?

Yikes.....Cadet.  How does his comment have anything to do with what you were trying to cover up a month ago??   ;)

Майор Хаткевич

I agree with Spike, but maybe the topic should be made in a new thread?

addo1

Quote from: Spike on October 15, 2009, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: addo1 on October 15, 2009, 09:18:57 PM

Yikes.....Cadet.  How does his comment have anything to do with what you were trying to cover up a month ago??   ;)

In all due respect, there was no cover-up involved at all and that comment was not applicable to the topic. Rather, a cadet I knew had to learn an integrity lesson the heard way. That is beside the point. In reality, when a thread like this is brought back up, CAPTALK members will jump at the chance to tear apart a circumstance into pieces instead of staying with the question asked.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Spike

Quote from: addo1 on October 15, 2009, 10:52:57 PM
   In all due respect, there was no cover-up involved at all and that comment was not applicable to the topic. Rather, a cadet I knew had to learn an integrity lesson the heard way. That is beside the point. In reality, when a thread like this is brought back up, CAPTALK members will jump at the chance to tear apart a circumstance into pieces instead of staying with the question asked.

Actually he was responding to a post that had nothing to do with your issues in your Squadron. 

If anything it should be split form this thread.  IF you don't want dirty laundry seen, take better care that it is not soiled.  In other words.....keep your squadrons business in house. 

Also, it is not very nice to tell everyone what we can or can not discuss, just because you have some play in it. 

addo1

Quote from: Spike on October 15, 2009, 11:03:05 PM
Quote from: addo1 on October 15, 2009, 10:52:57 PM

Actually he was responding to a post that had nothing to do with your issues in your Squadron. 

If anything it should be split form this thread.  IF you don't want dirty laundry seen, take better care that it is not soiled.  In other words.....keep your squadrons business in house. 

Also, it is not very nice to tell everyone what we can or can not discuss, just because you have some play in it.

I am NOT one to take my squadron issues out to the public. If you knew me, you would know that I can not stand people doing that and do not do it myself. Integrity, on the other hand, is something that has to be used regardless, and in this case it was not.

You can discuss whatever you would like, and that is fine with me. Personally, I could care less as this situation did not and does not affect my character in any way. I am just trying to protect a cadet who made a bad mistake, but has now made up for it.

My statement is based off of watching the majority of topics get creamed on here in the past few years. If this topic continues, I am sure the same thing will happen eventually. Just saying...
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

It already happened, so it won't be an issue.

addo1

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 15, 2009, 11:54:36 PM
It already happened, so it won't be an issue.

Point taken. I rest my case.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Requesting a lock on this though, as well as a split of the second topic about progression times would be cool though.

addo1

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 16, 2009, 02:06:38 AM
Requesting a lock on this though, as well as a split of the second topic about progression times would be cool though.

I totally concur.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP

Hoorah

Quote from: addo1 on October 16, 2009, 02:08:04 AM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 16, 2009, 02:06:38 AM

I totally concur.
I also do.

CAPSGT

Seeing as how this topic hasn't had a single post on the original topic....LOCK

If you want to discuss cadet progression possibilities, feel free to start a new topic.  This one has too many personal attacks intertwined to split anything that won't start a flame war.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron