NJWG Summer Basic Encampment

Started by VPI18, March 28, 2009, 03:47:54 AM

VPI18

This cadet wishes to attend basic encampment this summer but does not want to pay the price the NYWG asks for. Therefore, this cheap cadet would like to attend NJWG encampment. However, this cadet does not know when the dates for the encampment are and would like to know. This cadet would also like to find out what the application procedures are for an out-of-wing cadet because as far as this cadet knows, NJWG has an all online application system.

CadetProgramGuy

ok....

1. Please stop talking in 3rd person.  You are a cadet, but not a robot.  You are allowed to use phrases like "I want to attend NJWG encampment....."

2. CAPF31 is the paper application to attend the encampment, however if it is online there should be a point of contact, however it doesn't seem like NJWG as announced their encampment yet.

CASH172

As far as I know, the staff are still working on getting a final date set.  The staffing process has already begun and is on going. 

Turtle1

The final date for NJWG Basic has not been set, though right now it looks like it will be held in July.  Out of wing cadets may attend but you will need your wing commander's signature.  Obtaining the signature should not be a problem.  Now would be a great time for you to brush up on your communication skills BEFORE you attend encampment.

Good luck at encampment!
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

VPI18

Thank you for the information, sirs.

I will definitely try to brush up on my communication skills before encampment. For some reason, I thought that it would be appropriate to refer to myself in the third person when addressing an unknown audience. I now realize that there is a flaw in my judgment.

davidsinn

Quote from: wilhelm147 on April 07, 2009, 01:31:12 AM
Thank you for the information, sirs.

I will definitely try to brush up on my communication skills before encampment. For some reason, I thought that it would be appropriate to refer to myself in the third person when addressing an unknown audience. I now realize that there is a flaw in my judgment.

Here's another little tip: Lose the "sirs" You probably got that from watching MASH. The proper response would be: "thank you gentlemen" or "thank you Sir."
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

VPI18

Thanks for the tip, sir. I didn't think of it being from MASH when I typed it, but I guess I subconsciously typed it, being that I never quite figured out the plural of "sir."

davidsinn

Quote from: wilhelm147 on April 07, 2009, 02:00:20 AM
Thanks for the tip, sir. I didn't think of it being from MASH when I typed it, but I guess I subconsciously typed it, being that I never quite figured out the plural of "sir."

That throws quite a few seniors too so don't worry too much if it slips out.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

swamprat86

The planning for this year's encampment is moving ahead.  Unfortunately, the July dates we were looking at are not available through the AF unit that allows us to use their facility.  We are waiting on confirmation on dates in August and as soon as they are confirmed I will post the information here.  You can also go to our wing website http://njwg.cap.gov for updates.

As far as registering, we do use an online process however CAPF31s with appropriate signatures are required upon arrival.  In your case, you will need you Wing Commander to be the final sign off for your application.

I am a member of the staff so feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

VPI18

Thank you. Have there been any updates? Is there a date when online registration is set to open?

P.S. Capt Johnston, is it possible to move the topic to the correct Encampments and NCSAs forum? Thank you in advance, sir.

DBlair

DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

swamprat86

We have gotten the final approval on dates.  It will be from 15 August to 22 August at Ft. Dix.  We will be using the facilites of the 421st EWC again and we will be opening the online registration shortly.  The cost for this year's encampment is $125 for basic cadets.  We had to slightly increase the registration fee due to the rising costs.  We will be updating the encampment website shortly with the information as well.

If anyone has any questions about the encampment, they may email us at njwg.encampment@njwg.cap.gov.

VPI18

I have registered for the encampment and just need the paperwork done. When will the forms be updated with the 2009 versions?

Mullins

This is the link to the registration page: http://2009njwgencampment.eventbrite.com/

After you register, you should receive a packet by email with your forms.  If you do not, then contact the encampment commander MAG Jennings at this email: <robert.jennings@njwg.cap.gov>

If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask me.  I am on staff for the encampment.
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Ryan Mullins
        NJ-067 Bayshore Composite
               Bravo Flight Sergent

VPI18

I received an e-mail with the subject:
Order Confirmation for 2009 NJ Wing Basic Encampment and NCO Academy

In the body, it reads:
This is your confirmation.
Etc, etc.
*Please go to "http://encampment.njwg.cap.gov/Forms08.htm" to fill out and download all neccesary forms. *Bring all the forms, completed and signed, with you to registration. *Bring current CAPID card to registration.

My issue is that with the exception of F31, all of those are dated for last year's encampment. Should I have received another e-mail?

swamprat86

We are updating the dates on the forms.  Once they are completed, they will be uploaded to the website and email to those who have registered. 

If there are questions, please send emails to njwg.encampment@njwg.cap.gov.

BTW its Lt Col Jennings, not MAG

Mullins

Cadet Senior Master Sergeant Ryan Mullins
        NJ-067 Bayshore Composite
               Bravo Flight Sergent

swamprat86

The forms have been updated and those who have already registered should have received an email with the ilnks to the updated forms.  If you have registered and did not get the new email, PM me and I will send you the link.

Ozzy

Well good luck at the NJWg Encampment! I heard it's really fun, we had a cadet last year go to the NCO Academy and earned Honor NCO there.

---
And it's now pretty much moot, but did you know there IS financial aid for first-time encampment to those that asked at NYWg/
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

VPI18

Hey, Captain Ozzy! It's Cadet Pan, your roommate at SARCOMP.
Quote from: Ozzy on July 03, 2009, 09:42:45 PMWell good luck at the NJWg Encampment! I heard it's really fun, we had a cadet last year go to the NCO Academy and earned Honor NCO there.
Thank you sir. Good luck at CTWg and NYWg encampment!
Quote from: Ozzy on July 03, 2009, 09:42:45 PMAnd it's now pretty much moot, but did you know there IS financial aid for first-time encampment to those that asked at NYWg?
Yes sir, I did. (After you told me) But, I would likely have been wait-listed anyway. My CAP buddy (the cadet who joined the same meeting as me, and oddly enough got promoted the same time as me...twice) applied for NYWg encampment, but was on the bottom of the wait-list. When he (and I) made C/A1C, he called Maj Falco and was put (and still is) on the top of the (seemingly eternal) waitlist.