National Cadet Special Activities

Started by Grumpy, October 13, 2008, 09:38:07 PM

Grumpy

Does anyone know if the special activities for 2009 have been posted yet?  We usually have until Dec 31 to apply but, so far, everything I've looked at talks about the 2008 activities.  Last year I had 3 participate.  I'd like to double that this year.  Thanks for the help.

CAP Producer

AL PABON, Major, CAP

notaNCO forever

jeders

I'm pretty sure that they announce them around the first of November with applications starting the first of December.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Grumpy

Thank you.  I thought they were posted around Sept.  I must remind myself to be patient.

jeders

Quote from: Grumpy on October 14, 2008, 04:02:54 PM
Thank you.  I thought they were posted around Sept.  I must remind myself to be patient.

No prob, sometimes it seems like it takes forever for them to be announced.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

MitchCat

hey thanks... I was wondering the same.  Now I have to see if I can't find the Wing schedule of events so that I can figure out what events to apply for...  I'll most likely be gone every single week in summer. :D
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

rebowman

Posted in Nov & have until 31 Dec to apply. 

Primaries & alternates are notified in April.

Grumpy

Quote from: rebowman on October 23, 2008, 07:26:10 PM

You're a gentleman and a scholar sir.  I had 3 take part last year and I'd like to get a minimum of 6 this year.

rebowman

Quote from: Grumpy on October 23, 2008, 09:06:09 PM

You're a gentleman and a scholar sir.  I had 3 take part last year and I'd like to get a minimum of 6 this year.

Last year, our Wing had 7 NCSA participants - 4 of those went to National Blue Beret!

Grumpy

I think the cadets have a lot of great activities.  More than what we had in the late 1950's.
IACE is the crowning jewel.

DC

Quote from: rebowman on October 24, 2008, 04:49:38 PM

Last year, our Wing had 7 NCSA participants - 4 of those went to National Blue Beret!
How large is your wing? We had two cadets from my squadron alone go, and one went to both COS and NBB. (the other also went to COS)

LtCol057

I'd love for some of my cadets to apply for special activities.  We used to have some apply every year. In 97,  I applied for NBB. At the review board, they were surprised. Said they didn't know what to do, they had never had a senior member apply.  Finally, one of them asked me if I'd ever been to an encampment, I told him once as a cadet, and 7 times as a senior.  After I got home from Blue Beret, I kept talking it up, finally had a couple cadets go over the next few years. Trying to get them motivated again, but I'm lucky to get them to go to encampment. Used to, we had 100% cadets from my squadron at encampment.

rebowman

QuoteHow large is your wing? We had two cadets from my squadron alone go, and one went to both COS and NBB. (the other also went to COS)

We have 100 cadets in our wing.

2 of the 7 cadets were originally selected as alternates but were notified later of being changed to a primary. Tags - MIKE

rebowman

Quote from: LtCol057 on October 24, 2008, 11:02:52 PM
After I got home from Blue Beret, I kept talking it up, finally had a couple cadets go over the next few years. Trying to get them motivated again, but I'm lucky to get them to go to encampment. Used to, we had 100% cadets from my squadron at encampment.

As a cadet, I went to NBB in 1996 & 1997.  I had a great time.

It is also hard for me to get cadets from my squadron to attend encampments.

DC

Quote from: rebowman on October 25, 2008, 01:15:37 AM

QuoteHow large is your wing? We had two cadets from my squadron alone go, and one went to both COS and NBB. (the other also went to COS)

We have 100 cadets in our wing.

2 of the 7 cadets were originally selected as alternates but were notified later of being changed to a primary.
Oh, that would explain it....

Grumpy

Quote from: DC on October 24, 2008, 05:27:49 PM
Quote from: rebowman on October 24, 2008, 04:49:38 PM

How large is your wing? We had two cadets from my squadron alone go, and one went to both COS and NBB. (the other also went to COS)

We have 1194 cadets in the California Wing.

Grumpy

This week-end I was on staff at our NCOS school at March ARB.  We had 84 cadets in attendance.

rebowman

QuoteWe have 1194 cadets in the California Wing.

California is also a big state.

Grumpy

Quote from: rebowman on October 27, 2008, 04:23:23 PM
QuoteWe have 1194 cadets in the California Wing.

California is also a big state.

Funny how it works out that way.  ;D  I just answered the question Texas is a big state too.