Main Menu

NESA Accomodations?

Started by Nomex Maximus, June 11, 2008, 12:37:51 AM

SJFedor

Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on June 13, 2008, 07:02:15 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 12, 2008, 02:31:58 PM
There's a lot of NESA pics here: http://www.pbase.com/pathfindar/gsar04

As well as some pics of the barracks (none of the latrines I can find, though).   :D

Those look exactly like the buildings at Camp Blanding, where FLWG has summer encampment, if it's the same set up you need to weasel your way in the the o-quarters: 6 rooms per building, 5 racks per room (can fit 7 and still have breathing room), climate controlled, and a mini fridge  ;D

Bigger then that. 4 bays per building, with the shower/bathroom in the middle. If I had to estimate, each bay was probably 20X80

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: SJFedor on June 13, 2008, 07:06:41 AM
Quote from: 2d Lt Rudin on June 13, 2008, 07:02:15 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 12, 2008, 02:31:58 PM
There's a lot of NESA pics here: http://www.pbase.com/pathfindar/gsar04

As well as some pics of the barracks (none of the latrines I can find, though).   :D

Those look exactly like the buildings at Camp Blanding, where FLWG has summer encampment, if it's the same set up you need to weasel your way in the the o-quarters: 6 rooms per building, 5 racks per room (can fit 7 and still have breathing room), climate controlled, and a mini fridge  ;D

Bigger then that. 4 bays per building, with the shower/bathroom in the middle. If I had to estimate, each bay was probably 20X80

I was only talking about the "officer quarters", the "enlisted" barracks fit >100 or so if you have double bunks. They don't have a/c or heat, but they have 3 high velocity suction fans in the ceiling that sucks out the hot air(and some of the smell).

The barracks set up there is in "groups" each group has 6 enlisted barracks, 1 admin building, 2 mess halls, 2 armory, and 2 officer quarters. That is what we use for encampment, behind each of those there are 12 more enlisted barracks with 3 mass halls and 3 armories. 

This is the site used for SER Winter Encampment 2007-08; From google earth:
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

CASH172

Do cadets and seniors sleep in the same bay areas? 

lordmonar

They lived in the same building...but different bays. (or so they did last year).
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SJFedor

Quote from: lordmonar on June 13, 2008, 08:46:45 PM
They lived in the same building...but different bays. (or so they did last year).

Affirm, at least that's how it was in the MAS/Staff building. There was a sign hanging near the shower that designated the bathroom as senior or cadet time.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

smj58501

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2008, 08:47:32 PM
Heh...

The only thing missing between this and the ones at Ft Lewis circa 1990 is the communal Sports page.

Oh, I should mention that nothing beats hearing "toss me that roll of ***wipe when you are done with it" after the morning PT session. There was just a certain charm to that whole experience one cannot forget.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Nomex Maximus

OK, I'm in. This is your chance to meet the legend that is Nomex. I leave in ten hours. Nothing can stop me now / nothing can save you now.

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song