FLWG 2008 Sumer Encampment

Started by SWASH, January 14, 2008, 12:29:49 AM

jimmydeanno

Quote from: afgeo4 on March 05, 2008, 05:16:20 AM
Comment on the Policy Letter:

Where does it say it's a policy letter?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

mikeylikey

The whole idea of having Wing King approval to attend an outside wing activity is fantasy.  If the application for an activity requires YOUR Wing CC's signature to attend, then yes he or she must approve.  If there is no signature required, then I would have to imagine you can do what ever the hell you want.

Am I going to ask my Wing Commander if I can travel to a National Conference?  Um.....no. 

What happened to the whole "We are ONE CAP....act like it"??  The guy in Florida mandating that everything be run through his office, overstepped his authority just a little.
What's up monkeys?

jb512

I know that the only signature authority required for Texas Wing encampments is your Squadron Commander.

afgeo4

Quote from: jaybird512 on March 05, 2008, 05:54:49 AM
I know that the only signature authority required for Texas Wing encampments is your Squadron Commander.

jaybird, we're talking about something else... say a member of TX wing attending TN encampment. Would you need TXWG's approval?
GEORGE LURYE

afgeo4

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 05, 2008, 05:21:57 AM

"Florida Wing Policy Letter 07-05
http://flwg.us/OutOfWingActivities.pdf"

As per the original post with the link.
GEORGE LURYE

jb512

Quote from: afgeo4 on March 06, 2008, 12:54:57 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on March 05, 2008, 05:54:49 AM

jaybird, we're talking about something else... say a member of TX wing attending TN encampment. Would you need TXWG's approval?

I didn't think it was something else, but I guess it depends on who you ask.  To me, it looks like the only thing you need is your squadron commander's approval.  Now, that's not to say there aren't wing supplements floating around out there that require other approval. 

Who knows.... and it shouldn't really matter.  CAP is CAP.

stillamarine

Quote from: afgeo4 on March 06, 2008, 12:55:48 AM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 05, 2008, 05:21:57 AM

"Florida Wing Policy Letter 07-05
http://flwg.us/OutOfWingActivities.pdf"

As per the original post with the link.

Good thing about the new Wing King, he told our CC at the Wing Conference that he has no problem with members going to out of state events but as a courtesy send a note up the chain saying where you are going, etc.

Hence the reason I am leaving in a few hours for ALWG's Professional Development Weekend.  Woohoo UCC. A little birdy has been telling me I may need this class sooner rather than later.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SSgt Rudin

*BUMP*

Cadet staff applications due today, ECCSS in a couple weeks. Good luck to all the cadets who applied, hope you get what you want.

SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

SSgt Rudin

SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

Hookedonlemons

Lets hope this time that Blanding doesn't do a 180 temperature wise...

SSgt Rudin

SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

DC

I've got four cadets there. One will be late, he is at NCC (SER Color Guard) ;D. My squadron meeting the week after next should be good.

JoeTomasone

Hope all those attending have fun - I wish I could have attended, I haven't been to an encampment since my Cadet days all those long years ago.   :)