National Blue Beret Hopes

Started by Supply SGT, March 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM

68w20

Quote from: NY Wing King on June 10, 2012, 06:58:46 PM
Quote from: Shawn Warneke on May 28, 2012, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: Supply SGT on March 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM
I really would like to go to NBB, but Minnesota Encampment is at the same time, so im trying to find another state's encampment to attend, any suggestions? I'm thinking of Illinois, also, any tips for NBB?

Yes.. Make sure you do your home work on what E.S. ratings that they want you to have, if you have FLT line marshalling, that really helps... When you get to NBB, talk to any one of the cadets/seniors who have been there before.. they can really help you.  You will literally eat, sleep and live CAP for two weeks.. Make sure you know how dedicated and motivated you really are... Be sure you really want to be there. and lastly..  HAVE FUN.. I was a TACO of Foxtrot flt in 2008.. I had a blast. If you like LOVE airplanes, you will enjoy this.  Make sure you have a decent camera too.. :-D

Good Luck
So have your flight line rating before the event?

FLM is not required for attendance; HOWEVER, having the training under your belt wouldn't hurt.  You'll be spending a significant amount of time marshaling aircraft on the flight line.  If your wing/group/squadron has the training available prior to NBB, it might not be a bad idea to attend.  Even if you can't get the rating, having a basic idea of how the process works would be helpful. 

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: 68w10 on June 11, 2012, 03:41:24 PM
Quote from: NY Wing King on June 10, 2012, 06:58:46 PM
Quote from: Shawn Warneke on May 28, 2012, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: Supply SGT on March 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM
I really would like to go to NBB, but Minnesota Encampment is at the same time, so im trying to find another state's encampment to attend, any suggestions? I'm thinking of Illinois, also, any tips for NBB?

Yes.. Make sure you do your home work on what E.S. ratings that they want you to have, if you have FLT line marshalling, that really helps... When you get to NBB, talk to any one of the cadets/seniors who have been there before.. they can really help you.  You will literally eat, sleep and live CAP for two weeks.. Make sure you know how dedicated and motivated you really are... Be sure you really want to be there. and lastly..  HAVE FUN.. I was a TACO of Foxtrot flt in 2008.. I had a blast. If you like LOVE airplanes, you will enjoy this.  Make sure you have a decent camera too.. :-D

Good Luck
So have your flight line rating before the event?

FLM is not required for attendance; HOWEVER, having the training under your belt wouldn't hurt.  You'll be spending a significant amount of time marshaling aircraft on the flight line.  If your wing/group/squadron has the training available prior to NBB, it might not be a bad idea to attend.  Even if you can't get the rating, having a basic idea of how the process works would be helpful.
Thank you. My last SarEx had 3 aircraft and no flight line. Maybe I can change that...

LC