National Blue Beret Hopes

Started by Supply SGT, March 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM

Extremepredjudice

NCSA slottings are posted in eservices... So if you applied, you should know!
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Silent Panther

Quote from: Rogovin on March 06, 2012, 11:19:19 AM
I did not know that.  Still, he is an officer now, and that probably will not change.  It still does not change the fact that he is awesome  ;D

-Rogovin

Wait.. that means he is no longer Darth Sergeant! This is not good. How will NBB go on without it's resident Jedi?
Also known as
"OX", "Angel", "GrillBoy", & "Wheels"
There's a story and at least one NCSA behind every one.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Silent Panther on March 06, 2012, 09:11:04 PM
I did not know that.  Still, he is an officer now, and that probably will not change.  It still does not change the fact that he is awesome  ;D

-Rogovin

Wait.. that means he is no longer Darth Sergeant! This is not good. How will NBB go on without it's resident Jedi?
Darth is used for Sith lords. Not jedi.

Jedi titles are Jedi Master, Jedi Knight, Jedi Padawan, and Jedi Initiate (also known as "jedi Youngling")

Jedi can also specialize in specific things, catagories include, Jedi Guardian, Jedi Consular, Jedi Sentinel. (there are sub-types below all of those)

There were also times were the Jedi would assume military ranks, Jedi General, Senior Jedi General, High Jedi General, Jedi Commander, and Jedi lord.

Any of those you could select for the member in question

/endnerdrant.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

NCRblues

-Rogovin

He is now known as his "high royal highness".... and "Sgt-captain" and when he gets promoted he will be "sgt-major"  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Spartan

Does this mean that Darth Sgt has been promoted to sith lord?  If so, does the protocol require bowing?

Eclipse

Quote from: LC on March 06, 2012, 07:02:43 AMBy the way Capt. (Sergeant) Kemp did not become a captain so he could be a "section Chief."  He did this so he could become a squadron commander in Iowa.

Neither position requires any specific grade.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on March 06, 2012, 10:45:44 PM
Quote from: LC on March 06, 2012, 07:02:43 AMBy the way Capt. (Sergeant) Kemp did not become a captain so he could be a "section Chief."  He did this so he could become a squadron commander in Iowa.

I was thinking the same thing.

Silent Panther

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on March 06, 2012, 09:17:16 PM

-Rogovin

Jedi titles are Jedi Master, Jedi Knight, Jedi Padawan, and Jedi Initiate (also known as "jedi Youngling")

Jedi can also specialize in specific things, catagories include, Jedi Guardian, Jedi Consular, Jedi Sentinel. (there are sub-types below all of those)

There were also times were the Jedi would assume military ranks, Jedi General, Senior Jedi General, High Jedi General, Jedi Commander, and Jedi lord.

/endnerdrant.

I really don't think Capt. Kemp is a Sith. I must say I am impressed with your knowledge of Jedi Rank.

Quote from: NCRblues on March 06, 2012, 09:19:04 PM

-Rogovin

He is now known as his "high royal highness".... and "Sgt-captain" and when he gets promoted he will be "sgt-major"  >:D

Every time I think of NBB, I still think of everytime then-Sgt. Kemp "informed" us that he was not a "sir". I don't think I can go back to NBB now. Making the switch will just be too hard.  :)
Also known as
"OX", "Angel", "GrillBoy", & "Wheels"
There's a story and at least one NCSA behind every one.

Fubar

Just like being a squadron commander doesn't require a pilot rating. And yet around here...

FlyTiger77

Quote from: JeffDG on March 06, 2012, 10:50:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Without knowing the gentleman in question, I would merely assume that he took the promotion for the pay raise. After all, we are in a recession and money is tight all over.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

FlyTiger77

-Rogovin

/endnerdrant.

You have a lot of free time, don't you?  :) ;) >:D
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on March 07, 2012, 06:30:11 AM

-Rogovin

/endnerdrant.

You have a lot of free time, don't you?  :) ;) >:D
Oh, you noticed? You should listen to my evil plots... >:D

I love screwing with people. I have hundreds of evil ways to confuse people...

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

MSG Mac

There will be a RCLS at the Tri-Wing Encampment (MD-DE-NatCap) 7/7-14
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Supply SGT

Quote from: a2capt on March 06, 2012, 08:18:59 PM
Did you apply already? Applications are closed. You never answered. If not, it's a moot point. There are a number of factors that weigh in, your window of opportunity coming up to the end is one of them. But if you've not done encampment, and didn't indicate an encampment date that you are enrolled in prior to the activity... you probably don't stand a chance. OTOH, no news is good news .. so far, if you actually applied and have not gotten rejected outright so far.

No i did not apply yet, which basically means i missed it by a long shot. I will continue to look into other NCSA's. But thank you all for your help and answers.

That Anonymous Guy

When should I start applying for 2013 NBB?

SarDragon

Quote from: NY Wing King on April 24, 2012, 12:23:42 AM

When it's announced by NHQ. That usually happens in September or October, with a deadline in January or February. If anyone has a more definite time frame, feel free to correct my SWAG.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

Quote from: NY Wing King on April 24, 2012, 12:23:42 AM

NCSA applications open up on Dec 1st.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

That Anonymous Guy

Shawn W.

Quote from: Supply SGT on March 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM
I really would like to go to NBB, but Minnesota Encampment is at the same time, so im trying to find another state's encampment to attend, any suggestions? I'm thinking of Illinois, also, any tips for NBB?

Yes.. Make sure you do your home work on what E.S. ratings that they want you to have, if you have FLT line marshalling, that really helps... When you get to NBB, talk to any one of the cadets/seniors who have been there before.. they can really help you.  You will literally eat, sleep and live CAP for two weeks.. Make sure you know how dedicated and motivated you really are... Be sure you really want to be there. and lastly..  HAVE FUN.. I was a TACO of Foxtrot flt in 2008.. I had a blast. If you like LOVE airplanes, you will enjoy this.  Make sure you have a decent camera too.. :-D

Good Luck

That Anonymous Guy

Quote from: Shawn Warneke on May 28, 2012, 02:18:28 AM
Quote from: Supply SGT on March 05, 2012, 01:59:37 PM
I really would like to go to NBB, but Minnesota Encampment is at the same time, so im trying to find another state's encampment to attend, any suggestions? I'm thinking of Illinois, also, any tips for NBB?

Yes.. Make sure you do your home work on what E.S. ratings that they want you to have, if you have FLT line marshalling, that really helps... When you get to NBB, talk to any one of the cadets/seniors who have been there before.. they can really help you.  You will literally eat, sleep and live CAP for two weeks.. Make sure you know how dedicated and motivated you really are... Be sure you really want to be there. and lastly..  HAVE FUN.. I was a TACO of Foxtrot flt in 2008.. I had a blast. If you like LOVE airplanes, you will enjoy this.  Make sure you have a decent camera too.. :-D

Good Luck
So have your flight line rating before the event?