Main Menu

Parents Weekend

Started by CadetProgramGuy, August 16, 2007, 12:54:46 AM

Stonewall

Quote from: Eclipse on August 21, 2007, 03:20:18 AM
How do / will you get around the myriad liability and CPPT issues with having non-members participating in a CAP activity?

CPPT issues?  I think there will be more than a few senior members there.  Not to mention their the cadets' parents.  That's like not allowing parents to show up to meetings.

Quote from: Eclipse on August 21, 2007, 03:20:18 AMNon-members would not be allowed to participate in this manner, why would parent get a pass?  There may also  be OPSEC issues in this regard as well.

A BBQ is a lot different than a DF hunt.  What if someone gets hurt?

I think they're talking more about doing a "demo" of sorts, not an actual practice mission.  What OPSEC?  It's not a secret how DFs work.  Anyone can buy one.  If there is any information that would violate OPSEC it is up to the person responsible for that information to make sure he doesn't pass it on to a person who doesn't need to know.

If someone gets hurt, call 911.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

You know, I read through this whole thread and not once did anyone ever ask why the parents weren't CAP members...  When we recruit, we aim for the new cadet and their parents.  Even making them cadet sponsor members or patron members is better than them not being members at all...

Stonewall

Sent over to Mike's 'rents discussion...
Serving since 1987.

MIKE

Do me a favor and take this discussion to my 'rents topic.
Mike Johnston