CAP receipient of the Air Force Organizational Excellence Award.

Started by Chappie, September 20, 2016, 04:46:37 PM

Vegas1972

Quote from: GaryVC on March 03, 2018, 11:34:52 PM
I was able to buy almost enough ribbons at the BX today for our cadets who will receive this. $1.00 each versus $1.40 from Vanguard. I found that I had a couple still in the package from when I was on active duty (probably from the mid-80s). At that time they were 20 cents each.

Veterans can also order them online for that price through shopmyexchange if you're signed up and so inclined. 
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.", Sgt. John M. Stryker.

CAPLTC

Quote from: PHall on September 20, 2016, 10:34:12 PM
Yeah, what was that First Core Value? Oh yeah, Integrity First!  But, I guess it's good to be the Queen. :clap:

Do you come here purely to sh#tpost and rant? None of what you posted makes any sense at all.
You sound like a lunatic.
If the USAF desires to recognize CAP, they can - this is a very appropriate means to do it.
If a Service Secretary desires to issue ... say the Boy Scouts an award, they sure can.
CAP is a part of the USAF, they spend quite a bit of a stretched budget upon CAP... if the USAF Staff wants to dole out some awards?
They can absolutely do that.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

abdsp51

Quote from: J2H on March 04, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
I don't see the hub-bub with this award. I have several AF unit awards so this just seems "eh" to me.  If I was eligible cool, if not, that's cool too.

The hub-bub is that for years many members especially a few on this board have cried and moaned about not having a better relationship with the USAF. Then when the AF modified "Total Force" to include CAP they were thrilled and then moaned again because it didn't entail what they thought it would.

Now you have the AF awarding this award to CAP and you have folks moaning because it can't be worn on corp uniforms.  It can be worn on AF style but not corp so enter the whole "Class" crying about that and that it took forever for NHQ to decide the criteria for wear. 

They AF has recognized and given CAP major kudos with these events but you still have folks who think that being in CAP should grant you the same benefits as actually being in the military.

It's akin to giving an inch and they want a foot and etc..

PHall

Quote from: CAPLTC on March 04, 2018, 05:55:30 PM
Yeah, what was that First Core Value? Oh yeah, Integrity First!  But, I guess it's good to be the Queen. :clap:

Do you come here purely to sh#tpost and rant? None of what you posted makes any sense at all.
If the USAF desires to recognize CAP, they can - this is a very appropriate means to do it.
If a Service Secretary desires to issue ... say the Boy Scouts an award, they sure can.
CAP is a part of the USAF, they spend quite a bit of a stretched budget upon CAP... if the USAF Staff wants to dole out some awards?

Only if they issued a waiver to the AFI, which they can do if they wish. I can only go by what is published in the AFI.

abdsp51

Quote from: PHall on March 04, 2018, 06:19:40 PM
Quote from: CAPLTC on March 04, 2018, 05:55:30 PM

Only if they issued a waiver to the AFI, which they can do if they wish. I can only go by what is published in the AFI.

Careful you might offend someone's sensibilities with talking about abiding by regs.   >:D

PA Guy

Stonewall

AFOEA decals coming soon.  May do some lapel pins too.

>:D
Serving since 1987.

Ned

Quote from: Stonewall on March 05, 2018, 12:31:17 AM
AFOEA decals coming soon.  May do some lapel pins too.

>:D

And baseball hats!  We need AFOEA baseball hats!

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DakRadz

Quote from: SarDragon on March 05, 2018, 01:53:03 AM
License plate frames?
Window stickers.

But hey, finally got my military ribbon. Hearing aids and all!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

NIN

Some replies in this thread reminded me of a quote from Tony Soprano: "She's like a woman with a Virginia Ham under her arm, crying the blues because she has no bread."
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PA Guy

Maybe those of us who are fat/fuzzy should copy some Spaatzen with their diamonds. Wear it hidden on the back of a lapel or elsewhere on our spiffy white shirt. I'm thinking of maybe under the pocket flap?

PA Guy

Hey, the lapel pin, depending on type of pin on the back, would be easier to conceal under the pocket of my corp. aviator shirt.

If "the ribbon" is prohibited on all corp. uniforms how can the lapel pin be worn on the on the corp blazer with nameplate and corp seal since that would make it a corp. uniform. I guess the poo bahs figure it will be so small no one will notice. What a cluster.   :o  ::) ::)

James Shaw

Quote from: PA Guy on March 05, 2018, 09:48:01 AM

Hey, the lapel pin, depending on type of pin on the back, would be easier to conceal under the pocket of my corp. aviator shirt.

If "the ribbon" is prohibited on all corp. uniforms how can the lapel pin be worn on the on the corp blazer with nameplate and corp seal since that would make it a corp. uniform. I guess the poo bahs figure it will be so small no one will notice. What a cluster.   :o  ::) ::)

You are allowed one "pin" on the corporate uniform for the lapel.

39-1 Section 4.2.3.3

4.2.3.3. Lapel Pins. One lapel pin of choice, in good taste, may be worn on either the left or
the right lapel of the blazer at the discretion of the member.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

SarDragon

Let's see now - we've had information, confrontation, humour, flames, an intermission, and a final act. It is now time to bring down the curtain on this.

Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret