HELP!! Wright Brothers Award

Started by Tubacap, December 06, 2007, 12:00:25 PM

Tubacap

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the CAPC 29 for the Wright Brothers Award.  I forgot that I don't have stock of them anymore and need to print one out for tonight.

If you have one, can you send me a link or email it to me?
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

M.S.

The entire certificate is not available electronically, only the template to print on the CAPNHQ-provided certificates.  I imagine it's not available for local production to ensure quality.  The CAPNHQ certificates are printed professionally on an offset press.  They don't want poor Cadet Jimmy to have in a frame somewhere for life a color ink-jet printout of the certificate on regular 20# white copy paper because his Commander didn't want to do it properly.

If it's not an awards ceremony already set up and it's just another meeting night - tell the cadet he or she will have to wait.  You can still pin them with their grade once it posts to CAPWATCH.  Mitchell and up certificates don't always come right away from NHQ.

If you have some official ceremony tonight, I guess try to get a scan of a certificate and put a placeholder in a frame for the cadet with the clear message that you'll get them a proper one soon. 

In the meantime, get on e-services and use the electronic Form 8 to get yourself some CAPC 29s for the file.

Tubacap

NER-PA-001

jimmydeanno

Quote from: M.S. on December 06, 2007, 02:32:06 PM
They don't want poor Cadet Jimmy to have in a frame somewhere for life a color ink-jet printout of the certificate on regular 20# white copy paper...

I just pictured someone printing their award certificates on continuous feed paper and ripping of the edges just before the award ceremony...HAH!  :D

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Tubacap

Bad memories.  My parents had a mailing business that used a dot matrix printer.  The sound of that pounding head on Saturday mornings meant that no fun was to be had that weekend.
NER-PA-001