Cadet Promotion/Review Board Procedures.

Started by Thomas, May 14, 2012, 01:55:13 AM

Thomas

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is a Published List of Promtion / Review Board Procedures and if so...where can I find it.

I understand that most of us have been through a board or two and we can probably tell each other the procedures we went through but everywhere I look I cannot find a concrete published procedure list to properly teach my cadets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1st Lt. Tom Brown
McLean County Composite Squadron
Bloomington Illinois

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

I have not seen a standardized procedure.

FYI... the procedure in my unit is:
Cadet completes all testing, meeting, activity, etc requirements.
Cadet requests, THOUGHT THE CHAIN OF COMMAND, a Promotion Review Board no later than one week prior to the meeting (we meet on Mondays, so Tuesday is when they need to initiate the process. The requesting cadet is told to fill out the appropriate CAPF 50 (a work file is provided) and bring it to the PRB.
The Cadet Commander selects two cadets to be on the board. Our board make up is two cadets and one CP senior. We try to include the requesting cadet's immediate supervisor. Some NCOs have started asking to sit on the PRBs, and we'll try to accomodate them if possible and appropriate. All cadets on the board are higher in grade than the requesting cadet.
The Cadet Commander notifies the two cadets on the board and the Deputy Commander for Cadets (me) by Sat before the meeting to allow time to generate the questions.
Each board member can ask up to three questions, based on the CAPF 50 for the cadet, following the requirements and prohibitions listed in CAPR 52-16.
On the meeting night, the cadet is informed what time the cadet is to come before the board. At the appointed time, the cadet reports to the board.
After reporting, the cadet recites the cadet oath and then is told to sit at ease.
Each member asks their questions in turn, with the senior member keeping track on the official CAPF 50 for the board.
After the questions are asked and answered, the cadet is dismissed and the board compares their notes and makes a recommendation. The senior member fills out the reviewer's portion of the CAPF 50 and briefs the cadet before the end of the meeting. Generally, we will pin the cadet at closing, if they passed the PRB.

I can post our OI later if wanted.

coudano

No you won't find anything standard of all CAP.

At my squadron, we only do "promotion review boards" at milestones.

The 'achievement' promotions between milestone awards are done between the individual cadet and their assigned supervisor (rater).

SamFranklin

The back of the CAPF 50 has a procedure. 

Also see CAPP 52-15 "Cadet Staff Handbook" page 17-22

lordmonar

In my squadron when a cadet has completed all his requirments he turns in his "promotion agreement" showing that all the required blocks have been filled.  If it is not a miles stone it then goes to the DCC for approval.

If it is a milestone...then we have a formal form 50 session.  Where the DCC (or one of the CP leadership officers) and a Cadet leader (either the C/CC or his exect) complete the form 50 with the cadet.

No frills, no wistles, no fake "promotion board" quize nonsense.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP