GSAR Academy - ramping up for 2008 @ Ft. Lewis, WA

Started by ltcoltsayler, November 03, 2007, 11:32:13 PM

ltcoltsayler

I haven't been on captalk for years, but a colleague reminded me of it recently.
Thought it would be a great link to all of you out there needing Ground Search & Rescue Training.
This will be our 5th year, out here in the Evergreen State, passing on our knowledge from NESA, Challenger, and our professional lives.
GSAR has a unique blend of old and new, utilizes the Task Guide for consistency, has courses over and above what CAP requires, and is open to all members who meet our pre-reqs.
You can see a link to last years announcement on the Pacific Region web site.  The GSAR Academy has been endorsed by John Desmarais, DO and successful candidates come away with GTM Badges, GTM 3, GTM 2 & 1 (training status) and full UDF qual.
The Academy is 24/7 out in the field, rain or shine, where teamwork is emphasized for a unique experience that will last you a lifetime! ;D
The Academy has been held the 3rd week of July each year, which we plan on continuing.
This is a great alternative for those who can't make it out to Indiana, logistically or want to experience initial/additional or supplemental training.
Contact me for further info....
T. Sayler, Lt Col
GSAR Academy Director
"That Others May Live...."