Waiving training/member requirements?

Started by A3M0N, November 19, 2011, 04:34:00 PM

A3M0N

Just a few questions about membership/training requirements and the military.  Things like the fingerprint/FBI background check be waived due to being current in the military? How about things like OPSEC that we redo every year, or aircraft ground handling that I do everyday in my duties? 

I'm not trying to get out of any work or requirements, just wondering if these things that have already been completed to DoD/Air Force standards can be waived. 

Thanks!
Richie Anderson, SrA, USAF -- F-15C/D/E Crew Chief

Eclipse

Quote from: A3M0N on November 19, 2011, 04:34:00 PM
Things like the fingerprint/FBI background check be waived due to being current in the military? How about things like OPSEC that we redo every year, or aircraft ground handling that I do everyday in my duties? 

No, none of this can be waived.

"That Others May Zoom"

A3M0N

DBlair

Just a thought... if someone is giving a hard time about providing fingerprints or allowing an FBI background check, then some red lights need to be going off as to why.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

PHall

Giving fingerprints will not affect your security clearance.
It might generate a question or two during your periodic review for a Top Secret clearance but that's about it.

A3M0N

Quote from: DBlair on November 20, 2011, 05:54:47 AM
Just a thought... if someone is giving a hard time about providing fingerprints or allowing an FBI background check, then some red lights need to be going off as to why.

I was only asking to save time and money for the CAP, not being belligerent.  Why do double work?

Eclipse

Quote from: A3M0N on November 20, 2011, 06:43:50 PMWhy do double work?

From the fingerprint perspective, the systems don't talk, and there's nothing that says just because you
passed your last check, you haven't discovered the magic of rubber checks or popped a DUI, etc.  More difficult to
hide from the military? Yes.  Impossible?  No.  And further, since CAP is not a DoD agency, your military records
are not open to them.

On the training front, just because you perform a skill in the military that "sounds like" something CAP does,
doesn't mean they are the same jobs.  Just like in the military, the expectation is that everyone has the same
baseline understanding of "x".

"That Others May Zoom"

DBlair

Quote from: A3M0N on November 20, 2011, 06:43:50 PM

I was only asking to save time and money for the CAP, not being belligerent.  Why do double work?

Perhaps I misunderstood the scenario, I was thinking that the member him/herself was trying to give you a hard time about providing fingerprints/background checks-- a situation that happens from time to time when potential members have a past they are trying to hide.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

A3M0N

Quote from: DBlair on November 20, 2011, 07:21:30 PM
Quote from: A3M0N on November 20, 2011, 06:43:50 PM

Perhaps I misunderstood the scenario, I was thinking that the member him/herself was trying to give you a hard time about providing fingerprints/background checks-- a situation that happens from time to time when potential members have a past they are trying to hide.

No worries.  I'm in the military and am sure I can get a hold of my private information to turn over to the CAP.  I was only thinking it would save some money on a background check that I'm sure can't be cheap.  But Eclipse did make a good point, things could have changed since then.  And I mentioned ground handling because its a training requirement for the career path I'm researching  that I do everyday (aircraft maintenance/handling), I wouldn't mention waving it if I had no training documentation. 

a2capt

..and with ground handling, like can be found in most anything else. The concept may the same, the atmosphere is not. 

To avoid the "but we don't.." scenarios .. it serves that it's better to just be introduced properly to the culture and atmosphere rather than buck it.

If anything, it would come to you sooner, without explanation of details why we might do some of the things around aircraft that one wouldn't do at the car garage, small craft harbor .. etc. ..

A3M0N

Thanks all, I think my questions have been answered.