News of the Force=USAF Northcom Gives CAP new Assignment: Surrogate Predator

Started by wingnut55, September 06, 2009, 02:11:14 PM

blackrain

Not sure if someone posted this elswhere but I found a link on WMIRS that gives more info. Look under the specific mission(s) related to the Surrogate Predator
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

KyCAP

Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Mustang

"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

blackrain

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

KyCAP

OK. enuf Secret Squirrel.  I can't see it in WMIRS.  Are you two in the same Wing or something? 
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Nick

[Removed just to make Josh happy] --NM
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Capt Rivera

apparently WMIRS needs a "need to know" feature....

- Anyone talking about this sort of thing.... probably didn't need to know... Anyone talking about what you see in para this ... or found link that...  you can probably consider yourself as unqualified for anything the air force might care to not have in the open... You also don't make everyone else look very good... Thanks

If something is not public knowledge, don't make it. If bits and pieces are public but bringing them together as a whole is not... your still not practicing OpSec...

Maybe this is the RM part of me talking... but lets get ourselves in check....
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

blackrain

Quote from: RiveraJ on September 23, 2009, 05:28:01 AM
apparently WMIRS needs a "need to know" feature....

- Anyone talking about this sort of thing.... probably didn't need to know... Anyone talking about what you see in para this ... or found link that...  you can probably consider yourself as unqualified for anything the air force might care to not have in the open... You also don't make everyone else look very good... Thanks

If something is not public knowledge, don't make it. If bits and pieces are public but bringing them together as a whole is not... your still not practicing OpSec...

Maybe this is the RM part of me talking... but lets get ourselves in check....

Captain.

I REPEAT.............I referred everyone to WMIRS so ONLY those with access to WMIRS could view the information in the appropriate forum.

Nothing more.

If their was a further restriction on the information fine.
I was NEVER planning on discussing the contents in this forum anyway.

Secondly, my personal opinion is to not place my personal information on-line if at all possible. Like my picture/age. Whole identity theft thing.

Finally, if you think someone violated security the bring it to the attention of the appropriate authorities.

Feel free to private message me if have any questions.

heliodoc

May not reach CAP OPSEC feverpitch...

But Lookee at the L3 website and the drawing Eclipse provided earlier..

OPSEC?  Pretty soon the AF will provide enough info

But the basics of the project ARE advertised on L3's website

OPSEC?  Wow!

CAP, in itself will leak it in plenty of time....

Flying Pig

Sometimes people get a little carried away with the OPSEC.  There are hundreds of photos of this system and what it does.  Not sure if many of you are aware, but civilians can buy this system also.  I know a pilot personally who has his own private surveillance aircraft that he leases as a business with this same system on it.

heliodoc

Copy that, Rob

L3 sells to nearly  everyone

CAPers have to realize that this type of technology and equivalents of ARCHER have been in place for years

ARCHER a little different....  remote sensing and surveillance ...  new products everyday..

5 to 10 years from now ARCHER may be outmoded...so OPSEC away

Capt Rivera

This is what I saw happening...
- Info given on location of more info
- comment on what in the file [no info/detail given]
----- invitation for someone else to discuss
- next? full discussion or posting of the document...

I believe I accomplished what I wanted as nothing more on the document has been posted... 

Ill leave the rest alone as the response was about what I expected...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

blackrain

Quote from: RiveraJ on September 23, 2009, 06:15:53 PM
This is what I saw happening...
- Info given on location of more info
- comment on what in the file [no info/detail given]
----- invitation for someone else to discuss
- next? full discussion or posting of the document...

I believe I accomplished what I wanted as nothing more on the document has been posted... 

Ill leave the rest alone as the response was about what I expected...

Go back to coloring junior

Otherwise keep it to private messaging from now on