NESA Content - Does your Wing use it?

Started by KyCAP, May 25, 2009, 04:30:00 PM

KyCAP

Breaking this out from another thread in an attempt to see what wings are actually adopting the NESA content as some sort of standardization.

Kentucky - Yes
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

notaNCO forever

ammotrucker

FLWG is considering this move.  I do not know if it would exactly parrallel NESA but it should come close.  I have maintained over the last 3 years that many of the MP, MO, and MS that I know many have no standardized system or way of teaching and I believe that we need to Change.
RG Little, Capt

RiverAux

Its not really "NESA" content, just the ES training materials CAP first put out nearly a decade ago and have updated since then.

lordmonar

Use the slides when they are appropriate.  But the wing (NV) has not mandated their use.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

BrandonKea

I'm using them in my Squadron. They are pretty much amazing.
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

hatheier

Is there a repository somewhere online with the NESA slideware or do I need to request it? I'm new in the position as ES officer and always on the lookout for good material. Thanks

RiverAux

Its not NESA slides though you can find copies of them there.  You can find all the ES curriculum stuff on the CAP National web page.  http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/emergency_services/operations/emergency_services_curriculum.cfm

hatheier

Thanks! I got these already. I was just curious if the NESA slides that were discussed on this thread were any different, but this answers my questions.

Eclipse

NESA isn't presenting anything different from the national curriculum.  For the most part they are just setting policies and sticking to them - in most cases there are A/B choices or options, someone made a decision and everyone moves on.

"That Others May Zoom"

Polecat

I use the slides when teaching things, but that is just me.  I think they are great slides and why make new slides when you can use tried and true slides?

Me- YES
Wing mandated- NO
It's all up to the teacher.

Always Ready

Wing mandated-No. For certain things (like ground team training), my wing has some unofficially mandated curriculum because they participate in a state-wide SAR certification for search teams. It's basically the same as our basic search training, but the state certification doesn't break up their training into GTM3/2/1 like we do. It all seems to work for them and most people in my wing. There are a lot of parallels between NESA curriculum and their GSAR schools.

Me-I use them and adapt them if I need to.