Wing callsigns

Started by Senior, January 14, 2008, 04:24:09 AM

RiverAux

QuoteActually it already has.  CAPFlight is actually no longer a valid callsign for CAP as far as the FAA is concerned.  Every FAA authorized callsign is assigned a 3 letter identifier.  CAP's used to be CPF.  This 3 letter identifier has now been assigned to a private company in the Ukraine.
Hmmm, somehow I think that they would have told us if this had changed or the FAA might wonder about the huge US traffic by a Ukranian airline. 

connelly

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on January 17, 2008, 06:38:07 PM
^We don't relay from laptop to laptop.  No satellite connection if thats what you mean.
We actualy do have satellite acces but it is very limited. SDIS is used off of a T4 Satelite phone with limited access of outgoing SMTP only. That system is used to send images during missions from the aircraft to mission base without having to land. I still personaly would rather the old way of using Packet Radios and digipeaters but CAP did away with those a couple years ago.
C/CMSGT Connelly
Topsail Composite Squadron
http://topsailcomposite.com

Frenchie

Quote from: RiverAux on January 24, 2008, 03:38:52 AM
QuoteActually it already has.  CAPFlight is actually no longer a valid callsign for CAP as far as the FAA is concerned.  Every FAA authorized callsign is assigned a 3 letter identifier.  CAP's used to be CPF.  This 3 letter identifier has now been assigned to a private company in the Ukraine.
Hmmm, somehow I think that they would have told us if this had changed or the FAA might wonder about the huge US traffic by a Ukranian airline. 

The FAA did tell us.  They publish the list on a regular basis.

RiverAux

Please provide a citation. 

CadetProgramGuy

RiverAux

Interesting.  Anyone care to submit an inquiry to the knowledgebase on whether or not we should still be using CPF and "CAP Flight"?  I think I've used my personal quota of questions for them this quarter already. 

CFI_Ed

Quote from: RiverAux on January 30, 2008, 04:26:19 AM
Anyone care to submit an inquiry to the knowledgebase on whether or not we should still be using CPF and "CAP Flight"? 
Done.

QuoteDiscussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (KB Manager) - 01/30/2008 08:26 AM This has already been corrected; essentially OBE.  Info was sent to the FAA.  CPF and CAPFlight are Civil Air Patrol's.

JOHN W. DESMARAIS, Sr.
Deputy Director, Operations
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters
HQ CAP/DO
105 South Hansell Street
Bldg 714
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6332
E-mail: jdesmarais@capnhq.gov
Toll-Free Voice: (888) 211-1812 Ext 303
Ed Angala, Lt Col, CAP
Oklahoma Wing/DO