Pathfinder Technical School

Started by cpyahoo, May 21, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on May 25, 2014, 03:55:59 AM
Nice 'tude.

Quote from: mkenyonpvs on May 25, 2014, 03:50:31 AM
Well, riddle me this, buttman: What is the training profile for Ground Damage Assesment Photography? How about Health & Wellness Checks? Or, for us hayseeds in "mizourah" (gee, that's original), what about Logistic Staging Area Management?

There is none, which means that it is arguable as to whether we should be involved in those activities until there
is doctrine and training.

That's how organized, structured resources and groups enhance and grow their missions and purpose,
not run out the door with their shoes untied hoping to figure it out by the time you get there.  The fact that
this is how CAP essentially operates is the problem.
Bob.......MOWG......is establishing the doctrine and training.....and you are POO-POOing it as an affection and puffery.

NHQ is not the only one who can come up with a good idea.   Baby Steps Ellie.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: mkenyonpvs on May 25, 2014, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 25, 2014, 04:28:58 AM
Quote from: a2capt on May 25, 2014, 04:27:30 AM
Wow, if Capt. Kenyon is on staff .. and this attitude is the way things are going to be, this is really going to be a heck of a weekend.

No thanks, I'll pass. Talk about a mouthful.

You should update your profile, too. It's not MO-140 anymore.

Nah, sounds to me that unless you're "not getting in their way/stfu", or are not a pilot, things should go swell!

Yeah, I got a big mouth, and tact is overrated. But really, WTF is with the "we've never done it that way" attitude in this program? So, our course is new and different. How does trollling it help ANYONE?

And, a2acapt, you're right, and how do you know it isn't 140 anymore? pm me your id, or give up your manhood!!!

Seriously...are you 18?

Matt Kenyon

Physically,  I am 31... don't ask about my state of mind though.
Stomping sacred cows, and eating pork on fridays, since 1999...
CAPF 2B available on request.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: mkenyonpvs on May 25, 2014, 05:15:08 AM
Physically,  I am 31... don't ask about my state of mind though.

You must be a joy to be around. I bet people underestimate your age a lot.

Matt Kenyon

Yeah, my intelligence too.

Heaven forbid, we are exposed to sharp tongues, and uncomfortable situations.

Fires of Hades, we may be compelled to change or learn.

Eclipse

Quote from: Matt Kenyon on May 25, 2014, 04:22:46 AM
Ignorance is as powerful as you allow it.

You have no idea how funny that is.

"That Others May Zoom"

Matt Kenyon

Well, since all I'm getting are attacks, and no points of contention, What does that say?
What are you doing to improve our mission skill set? Heck, Eclipse, you started a post, pointing out we should use global warming as an opportunity to develop and recruit.
My language, an "'tude" has struct a cord. Cry over it. Did I get my point across, or just break your collective feels?

Garibaldi

Let's see, what do we have here.

We tromp on someone's idea, and he reacts. Badly. But can you blame him? I'm not defending his attitude, but if I had a product, and people s*** on it, I think I might do the same.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Matt Kenyon on May 25, 2014, 04:21:57 PM
Well, since all I'm getting are attacks, and no points of contention, What does that say?

It says no one is interested in a shouting match with someone poorly informed on who they are trying to "school".

Ideas live and die on their merits, generally the more defensive people are, the less thought through their plan is.
If you choose to do things outside the norm, you should expect dissension.

My language, an "'tude" has struct a cord. Cry over it. Did I get my point across, or just break your collective feels?

The only cord you've struck is the all too common occurence of members coming in here with a head of
steam and doing themselves more harm then could with their attitude and demeanor.

"That Others May Zoom"

Matt Kenyon

I can't allow you to say standing PF back up is my idea, but I am trying to help get it back off the ground.

And I'll admit, I have made assumptions about those that attack new, or newer ideas, but tell me I.m wrong. Point out my mistakes in assumptions, don't dismiss the idea, because you are the Belle of Captalk. Bring somehing to this table.

As for doing it outside the norm, that is a cop out. How is CAP suppose to change, if we, the members don't offer possibilities?

Matt Kenyon

Quote from: Eclipse on May 25, 2014, 04:53:47 PM

The only cord you've struck is the all too common occurence of members coming in here with a head of
steam and doing themselves more harm then could with their attitude and demeanor.
Hey, my guy came to inform you of a new course available, and the first reply, YOUR reply, instantly dismissed him.
And you are still just attacking my post, as opposed to answering what I put up there. Boo hoo, we never did it that way, waah!

Eclipse

I am the curmudgeon, Lordmonar is the belle...

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

I have been blasted, ran over hot coals, and otherwise been lambasted here. I have no "feels" left. However, I will say this. You're in for a long fight if you choose to stay and defend yourself and opinion. Program aside, you are new here and are not going to win any friends or influence anyone with that attitude. It's not like we are baking your babies in a microwave or anything.

Want to re-make the ES program? Great. Fine. Do it. If it works for you, great. If National gets hold of it and says "This will be our new standard!" then by all means, break your arm patting yourself on the back. You deserve it. Get yourself a ComCom. Great initiative.  :clap: Seriously. Kudos to you for stepping up.

However, since you've admitted that you stirred up the coals and have no remorse for it, I can't really back you up any further than I have. Stomping into a room and denouncing the discussion loudly and making a jack-wagon of yourself isn't a good idea. My personal advice, for what it's worth, is to back up, take a deep breath, and just...not continue this anymore. Leave it be. I know, you're probably only here to defend your program and position and probably will not be an active participant in this board, and the threat of being blocked will probably be laughed off, but remember you are a professional. Cadets read this, as well as various wing, region, and national staffers. You're really not doing yourself or your program any favors by acting this way.

Flame me, if you wish. Break out the harsh words and attack at will. I don't care. At the end of the day, you had an idea, decided to publicize it, it was discussed, trashed, over-baked, whatever, and you chose to act the way you have, and not professionally. If that's the way you act on a mission or at meetings, in person, I'd have to say I'm glad I left Arkansas, and the possibility of ever having to do a joint mission with you, behind me.

Matt Kenyon

Quote from: Eclipse on May 25, 2014, 05:05:03 PM
Good to see, at least you have a sense of humor.
Quote from: Garibaldi on May 25, 2014, 05:22:46 PM
I have been blasted, ran over hot coals, and otherwise been lambasted here. I have no "feels" left. However, I will say this. You're in for a long fight if you choose to stay and defend yourself and opinion. Program aside, you are new here and are not going to win any friends or influence anyone with that attitude. It's not like we are baking your babies in a microwave or anything.

Want to re-make the ES program? Great. Fine. Do it. If it works for you, great. If National gets hold of it and says "This will be our new standard!" then by all means, break your arm patting yourself on the back. You deserve it. Get yourself a ComCom. Great initiative.  :clap: Seriously. Kudos to you for stepping up.

However, since you've admitted that you stirred up the coals and have no remorse for it, I can't really back you up any further than I have. Stomping into a room and denouncing the discussion loudly and making a jack-wagon of yourself isn't a good idea. My personal advice, for what it's worth, is to back up, take a deep breath, and just...not continue this anymore. Leave it be. I know, you're probably only here to defend your program and position and probably will not be an active participant in this board, and the threat of being blocked will probably be laughed off, but remember you are a professional. Cadets read this, as well as various wing, region, and national staffers. You're really not doing yourself or your program any favors by acting this way.

Flame me, if you wish. Break out the harsh words and attack at will. I don't care. At the end of the day, you had an idea, decided to publicize it, it was discussed, trashed, over-baked, whatever, and you chose to act the way you have, and not professionally. If that's the way you act on a mission or at meetings, in person, I'd have to say I'm glad I left Arkansas, and the possibility of ever having to do a joint mission with you, behind me.

Well put. Yes, I may have burnt bridges here. So be it. This attitude in our Org of "We cant' do that, because we never did," is detrimental.
If we are to expand into DR, we have to develop new curriculum.
As for professionallism, I must say, you are dreaming. This is a volunteer program, run on the shoulders of volunteers. Nobody that gets the job done at the squadron level, is a professional. WE ARE VOLUNTEERS. Garibaldi, sincerely, thank you for pulling me back into check, and actually making a point.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Matt Kenyon on May 25, 2014, 05:39:18 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 25, 2014, 05:05:03 PM
Good to see, at least you have a sense of humor.
Quote from: Garibaldi on May 25, 2014, 05:22:46 PM

Well put. Yes, I may have burnt bridges here. So be it. This attitude in our Org of "We cant' do that, because we never did," is detrimental.
If we are to expand into DR, we have to develop new curriculum.
As for professionallism, I must say, you are dreaming. This is a volunteer program, run on the shoulders of volunteers. Nobody that gets the job done at the squadron level, is a professional. WE ARE VOLUNTEERS. Garibaldi, sincerely, thank you for pulling me back into check, and actually making a point.

No problem.

Майор Хаткевич

Your points, have focusedon DR for the most part. That, from what you listed has little to do with Medics or Pathfinders. So which is the focus of the school? Do you see the reason for the questions regarding those terms?

Matt Kenyon

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 25, 2014, 05:43:36 PM
Your points, have focusedon DR for the most part. That, from what you listed has little to do with Medics or Pathfinders. So which is the focus of the school? Do you see the reason for the questions regarding those terms?
Yes, I do. It will all be a focus, for those interested. Another idea we are trying to bring about is to have more specialized training for idividual team members. GTM/GTL/UDF training is great, but rather generalized. ICUT has merits to get people started in Comms. We've already determined that the only limitiation to Medical care is the Members level of CURRENT training, and local laws (samaritan laws, etc.) We want to expand on each of these, and more, while also offering more training toward a chosen field. Think of the Jack of all Trades, he is a master of none. But, if he has is basic levels of training, and then picks a field to be better at, he is still the Jack of all Trades, but is now a master of one.
This summers course is going to be a basic course, dealing with the mission training needed, that CAP doesn't have. That is your DR. We can find lost airplanes all day every day, we've been doing that since '41. We don't need to reinvent the wheel. But, maybe now that we have these high-speed, low-drag, Yokohama radials, maybe we aught to think about inventing the axel to put that wheel on.

sarmed1

Professionalism has nothing to do with being paid or not being paid....aka being a volunteer......  Especially in the world of public safety.  Learn that lesson sooner rather than later and you will be impressed with how many more doors are open rather than shut.

MK
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

lordmonar

Quote from: usafaux2004 on May 25, 2014, 05:43:36 PM
Medics aside...the Pathfinder Rating is heavy on DR stuff.  Confined Space, CERT, etc....is all DR centric as opposed to traditional SAR.

So the focus of the school....seems to me....to be to take SAR qualified personnel and add some advanced SAR and DR centric skills.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

I'm a JoAT at work. Seems to work just fine. GTM is GTM. Everyone should know the job of everyone else. If every PFC/Corporal is expected to be able to take charge of the Platoon in a SHTF situation, then "specialization" in an already "Specialty" field is going too deep.