Hurricane Sandy

Started by JK657, October 28, 2012, 07:22:15 PM

JK657

Looks like a big one is coming. 1300 National Guardsmen are being called up in anticipation. Any CAP units prepping for a call out?

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012/10/28/millions-across-east-coast-brace-for-uperstorm-sandy/

AngelWings

Quote from: JK657 on October 28, 2012, 07:22:15 PM
Looks like a big one is coming. 1300 National Guardsmen are being called up in anticipation. Any CAP units prepping for a call out?

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012/10/28/millions-across-east-coast-brace-for-uperstorm-sandy/
My unit and most of my wing is.

Thrashed

PA is ready. Been working on getting aircrews together all day.

Save the triangle thingy

JeffDG

Good luck guys!

My wife had to bump her flight home from Boston visiting her sister from tomorrow to Wednesday, so you folks in MAWG take good care of those folks there too!

Huey Driver

NJWG has had a staff put together for a few days now. Ground Teams standing by, aircrews still being assembled.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Luis R. Ramos

New York City Group alerted squadrons in New York City to provide senior member support regardless of whether they are General Emergency Services qualified or not. These will be deployed, most probably, in support of the Office of Emergency Management, and VOAD, a coalition of volunteer agencies and corporations at the shelters.

New York State Governor has ordered shutting off all trains, regional trains, and bus service. New York City Mayor ordered shutting off all city subways and buses, both actions effective as of 1900 local time. There is a mandatory evacuation order for all city residents living in Zone A, which includes Coney Island and Far Rockaway in Brooklyn and Battery Park area of Manhattan, although includes many other coastal areas of the city. Public schools are closed on Monday, and maybe Tuesday as well.

For my squadron, I am out as I am a public school teacher. Since the city opened shelters, I am working the shelter as a city employee. Another member is also a public school teacher in the same condition. Another member is a CERT employee, and her team has been called out. That leaves three ES members off our squadron's ES response.

Take care,

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

bflynn

North Carolina is on standby, but this is going to mostly be a hurricane miss for us.  We might get a call tomorrow or Tuesday if the winds are not too bad.  Right now the TAFs are calling for gusts to 30kts in Raleigh through 2000 EST Monday night, so if that holds true we are probably not flying anywhere tomorrow.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Rhode Island getting ready for post storm damage assessment.

AngelWings

Quote from: phirons on October 29, 2012, 01:47:21 PM
Rhode Island getting ready for post storm damage assessment.
How is it in Rhodie? I know here in MA it isn't too bad, at least not bad near the coast.

SARDOC

Quote from: Thrashed on October 28, 2012, 09:02:10 PM

Are they going to fly during a hurricane/tropical storm/nor'easter?  Have you guys been mobilizing ground teams, communications teams, shelter teams supporting general ES activities?

SARDOC

My wing has been helping staff the state EOC and gathering personnel to assist the the state wherever we can including getting ready for the post damage assessment.

inactive123

Not till wednesday... Maybe....
C/MSgt

C/Arose

New Hampshire Wing has sent out emails to prepare and be ready for it if we are in fact called out.

Nothing as of yet.
C/CMSgt Alex L. Rose
Seacoast Composite Squadron

ZigZag911

NER has set up area coordination center in NH (they believe it's outside storm impact area) to work with the wings on post-storm tasking from 1st AF & FEMA.

Wings work directly with state emergency management authorities. When a wing needs additional help, region coordinates response between the wings.

Thrashed

Quote from: SARDOC on October 29, 2012, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: Thrashed on October 28, 2012, 09:02:10 PM

Are they going to fly during a hurricane/tropical storm/nor'easter?  Have you guys been mobilizing ground teams, communications teams, shelter teams supporting general ES activities?

Ground and aircrews are standing by. Flying will be post storm photo missions. No ground action yet.

Save the triangle thingy

a2capt

Quote from: Thrashed on October 29, 2012, 06:19:17 PMGround and aircrews are standing by. Flying will be post storm photo FEMA 'spy' missions. No ground action yet.
;D

JeffDG

Quote from: a2capt on October 29, 2012, 06:27:57 PM
Quote from: Thrashed on October 29, 2012, 06:19:17 PMGround and aircrews are standing by. Flying will be post storm photo FEMA 'spy' missions. No ground action yet.
;D
OPSEC VIOLATION! >:D

PHall

Quote from: JeffDG on October 29, 2012, 06:35:04 PM
;D
OPSEC VIOLATION! >:D

And you did it too when you called attention to it! >:D >:D

Walkman

;D

Oh no! All that wind is going to blow off the tin foil hats and people will be exposed!

JeffDG

Quote from: Walkman on October 29, 2012, 08:02:04 PM
;D

Oh no! All that wind is going to blow off the tin foil hats and people will be exposed!
How dare you!  The CAP Core Value of Respect requires you not show such disrespect to people who wear tin-foil hats, or indeed, even think such disrespectful thoughts (without showing same), as Respect is an absolute value and must be lived in thought, word and deed at all times.  I demand your immediate 2B for such violation! >:D