Main Menu

ICUT

Started by lordmonar, August 07, 2012, 06:13:09 PM

Eclipse

Taits have been on the phase out list for 6 some years.  We got grief from NHQ for showing up in MS with them in 2005.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

There are still a few around, and if they work, they get used. If, however, they break, it's straight back to NTC for disposal.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Brad

Revised my ICUT outline to replace "instructor" with "mentor/evaluator" after reading the replies here and re-reading 100-1 chapter 5. Added a bit at the end explaining the change in terms.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Spaceman3750

So, I could have missed it in the last 7 pages, but I didn't see it in the announcement or the reg. What's the drop-dead date on ACUT/BCUT (when is ICUT mandatory to operate radios)? That might be good information to know.

Another interesting point is that 100-1 says communication staff members at any level may evaluate the hands-on portions of ICUT. Technically speaking, anyone the commander lists as a comm officer is a communication staff member, so while it helps with the bottleneck problem ("Evaluators must have double-secret approval from NHQ to evaluate") it creates the potential to lower the performance standard of ICUT candidates.

jeders

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 27, 2012, 10:55:03 AM
So, I could have missed it in the last 7 pages, but I didn't see it in the announcement or the reg. What's the drop-dead date on ACUT/BCUT (when is ICUT mandatory to operate radios)? That might be good information to know.
Three years from the go live date on ICUT.

QuoteAnother interesting point is that 100-1 says communication staff members at any level may evaluate the hands-on portions of ICUT. Technically speaking, anyone the commander lists as a comm officer is a communication staff member, so while it helps with the bottleneck problem ("Evaluators must have double-secret approval from NHQ to evaluate") it creates the potential to lower the performance standard of ICUT candidates.

Have you seen the actual evaluation form? With everything else online and a simple hands on 5 minute eval, I don't think we'll be able to degrade training enough for that to be an issue.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

♠SARKID♠

So here's a problem I've encountered.

Every time someone in my squadron takes ICUT, it updates onto all their SQTRs.  The problem is that it kicks all of their expired ratings into my approvals box.  I don't know if I should approve them to push through ICUT, or deny them because it would falsely approve an expired rating.  Submitting a trouble ticket, but has anyone else had this problem?

a2capt

I've not seen that happen here. Mine has a bit of expired ratings on it, and I didn't get asked by the CC about anything either. (as I'd not see my own for approval)

Eclipse

Have not seen that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dracosbane

I personally had that happen (ICUT kicking through my expired quals) and I can say that you can deny the expired quals and ICUT will still show up on the 101

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Dracosbane on August 28, 2012, 05:48:36 AM
I personally had that happen (ICUT kicking through my expired quals) and I can say that you can deny the expired quals and ICUT will still show up on the 101
Good to know.  I'm still waiting for the IT team to get back to me.  At least they know about it now, if they didn't before.

Garibaldi

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 28, 2012, 07:24:50 PM
Good to know.  I'm still waiting for the IT team to get back to me.  At least they know about it now, if they didn't before.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but e-services has a message that they are working on some issue, but not what issue.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

There was something on the RSS about an issue with the reporting function, maybe it's related.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

That's Member Reports being broken. It was last Tuesday, and then worked later in the afternoon, but sometime yesterday it quit again. I reported it, probably not the only one, but.. at least now it's noted.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 28, 2012, 07:24:50 PM

Got a message back from the IT team.  I've been told that the issue has been resolved.