Main Menu

Mitchell Award

Started by AvroArrow, September 23, 2009, 09:33:57 PM

AvroArrow

I felt like sharing that I just received my Billy Mitchell Award yesterday. #58183

Since I'm now a part of the huge heard of cadet officers, I'm curious if anyone has any good advice for a young lieutenant  ;)

(It shall be adventurous!)

notaNCO forever

Cecil DP

Quote from: AvroArrow on September 23, 2009, 09:33:57 PM
I felt like sharing that I just received my Billy Mitchell Award yesterday. #58183

Since I'm now a part of the huge heard of cadet officers, I'm curious if anyone has any good advice for a young lieutenant  ;)

(It shall be adventurous!)
Start on your Earhardt requirements.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Eeyore

Don't stall out at 2dLt, there is far more beyond the Mitchell.

majdomke

Ditto... don't get "Mitchell Syndrome"

IceNine

Congratulations!!

Start looking ahead and soak up every opportunity that you have.

Command a flight at encampment and work towards higher level staff positions.
Go to Cadet Officer School
Earn your Earhart and take part in International Air Cadet Exchange

Be a good leader

be a better follower

ALWAYS return salutes and appreciate every one who offers you this symbol of respect

Take care of your people

Drink water

Make sure your uniform is the positive example to your followers.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

addo1

Congratulations! I was in that same category a few months ago. Now that I am almost a C/1st Lt, I dont have a whole lot of experience yet, though I have a few tips I have learned:

- Stay motivated

Lots of cadets will get their Mitchell Award, and that is IT. Keep progressing and maintain focus.

- Study

There is a lot of new information that a cadet officer should know, so study up so that you will be able to assist your followers better. :)

- Set the Example

Cadets will look at you in a different perspective now that you are an officer. Someone will always be watching what you do. Maintain professionalism and you will earn respect.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

AlphaSigOU

Congratulations from one old Mitchell recipient to one of our newest! (Check the sig for the Mitchell number.)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

Congrats  :clap: :clap: from a recipient whose Mitchell has no number (Aug 1967).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Congratulatoins!   :clap: :clap: :clap:

Remember you're only halfway done.  Keep up the good work!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Airrace

Congratulations!!
Keep up the good work.

CAPC/officer125

Congrats. Go higher. Go to COS. Be an example.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

Gunner C

First off:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That was a highpoint in my cadet career, but not the highest point.  Start knocking out your Earhart requirements; look for leadership opportunities; mentor cadets coming up; sign up for CSAs that are (first) going to prepare you for your Spaatz and your career after being a cadet (COS) and (second) will be fun; make sure your school work and your family don't get neglected.

genejackson

First off:  CONGRATULATIONS (coming from a father of 3 cadets - none of which ever made it to Mitchell as they kept getting distracted by other stuff)

Second:  Stay away from girls (grinnning) - they are bad for you and cause too much distractions for CAP male cadets!   

Thirdly:  Get hooked up with the necessary seniors to continue your advancement in the program and remain focused towards each successive promotion.   Remember, 60 days apart is not much time to accomplish the requirements so you have to keep working.

These milestones in CAP will follow you for your entire life showing your character and abilities - don't ever discount what CAP can be for you.

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA