Main Menu

help about new cadets

Started by yangsiyui, September 08, 2016, 03:28:06 AM

yangsiyui

So we got about 5 new cadets and I was like yes new cadets but then we got in a ton of truble becuse the got the best idea ever......to play hide and seek in the airport!!!
They are so annoying! (It takes alot to annoy me I come a family of 10 and about to be 11) They all can't do drill and they have bseen trying for 2 months one doesn't whear his uniform propoly (uniform too big hat inside bildings and backwards) and he can't even do one push up or sit up (now he has been hear for about 4 months) Also he doesn't stop talking and once you call the flight in he rasis his hand every 15 seconds, moves around and sometimes he walks off. So I'm geting yelled at becuse I'm saposto train him! He doesn't even pay attention to anything!!!

(Don't take this the wrong way but I want to hit him hard! But I won't touch him)

Eclipse

1 - Think back to when you were brand new.

2 - Patience - you're looking at being an NCO, it'll be your job to mentor some of them.  How you react will
inform how they treat new people when it's their turn.

3 - Bear in mind that you are posting publicly and have indicated your unit, which means both those cadets and
your commanders can see these messages.

"That Others May Zoom"

yangsiyui

My Comanders, 1stLt and SARG have been trying to work with them but then there parents met mad at us, then the airport gets mad becuse we "made the parents yell" and now the airport is thretining to kick us out.

Eclipse

Quote from: yangsiyui on September 08, 2016, 04:04:18 AM
My Comanders, 1stLt and SARG have been trying to work with them but then there parents met mad at us, then the airport gets mad becuse we "made the parents yell" and now the airport is thretining to kick us out.

Again, probably not the best conversations to be having publicly.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

It sounds like this problem is "above your pay grade".  You or your cadet leadership will need to discuss options with you Senior Member leadership.  From my humble perspective it sounds like some of these new cadets really don't want to be there. 

Sometimes parents sign up their kids to "straighten them out", and squadrons accept this in hopes of expanding their membership.  It is imperative that the Senior Member leadership speak with the parents about why their young person wants to join the program, and explain that CAP isn't boot camp or a baby sitting service up front before a cadet joins.   It only takes one cadet who is being forced into the program to ruin a squadron for all involved.  That's why it is recommended that they attend 3 meetings before they are allowed to join.  So both we and they can determine if they are a good "fit"for the program and that the program is a good "fit"for them.  Good luck.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787