Main Menu

F2a Info

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, April 05, 2013, 08:38:09 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

I've been tasked to transfer a member from a squadron to group.  Would I look under a personnel reg or is there a reg on how to fill out forms.

Examples are great.

(I'll be looking too, I thought more eyes on this could speed things up 8)

Dave
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

Eclipse

All you have to do is go into Commander's Corner and execute the transfer electronically.

No paperwork is required.

As Personnel Officer you should have the rights to do this.  The transfer is immediate with no requirement the
former unit approve.

It takes two steps on the new unit.

Initiate the transfer, then after a few minutes exit eServices and go back in.

There should be a transfer waiting in your approval queue in the transfer module.  Approve it and you're done.

Make sure the member brings his file to you at some point soon.

"That Others May Zoom"

Lord of the North

CAPR 39-2 paragraph 1-11. Transfer of Membership. Members may transfer from one unit to another as long as they are members in good standing in their current unit of assignment. Members may not transfer to preclude an adverse action or when placed in suspended status. Individuals who misrepresent their status in order to transfer may be subject to membership termination action as outlined in CAPR 35-3, Membership Termination.
a. A member who moves from one locality to another may transfer to another unit in the new community. A member may also transfer from one unit to another in the same locality upon approval of the unit commanders concerned. If approved by one, but disapproved by the other, the request will be forwarded to the commander at the next higher echelon for decision. If disapproved by both unit commanders, the transfer will be denied.
b. Commanders may initiate transfers for those members under their command to other units under their command. In the event a member objects to such transfer, the request will be forwarded to the commander of the next higher echelon for final decision.
c. Members do not lose their membership by virtue of a unit deactivation. They may be transferred to another unit in their locality or, if they do not elect to join another unit, they will be transferred to the parent wing for the duration of their membership year.
d. Transfer Procedures:
(1) When a member transfers to another unit, the gaining unit will normally initiate the transfer through the online transfer application. Once the gaining commander has approved the transfer action the member's record will immediately be updated to reflect the new unit of assignment. A notification of the transfer action will then appear in the losing Unit Commander's online Commanders Corner. If there is any reason why the transfer is not acceptable to the losing unit, the commander may simply deny the transfer. Losing commanders must deny the transfer action within 2 months of the notification. Commanders not wishing to use the online application may submit a CAPF 2A, Request for and Approval of Personnel Actions (Section IV, Transfer). The personnel officer initiates the personnel action which is approved by the unit commander and forwards the form to NHQ/DP. If there is any reason why the transfer is not acceptable to the losing unit, the losing unit commander must notify NHQ/DP within 2 months. The transfer will then be declared void and the member returned to the losing unit until the problem can be resolved.
(2) When a member transfers, the transferring member will be responsible for ensuring his or her records are delivered to the gaining unit.
e. For guidance on the acceptance of former cadet members and transfer of achievement credits, refer to CAPR 52-16.

West MI-CAP-Ret

Thank you for the quick response.

Like i wrote, I would continue to look for the "how" because like what was cited, I found the "when" and under what circumstances.

What i was looking for is instructions how to fill the 2a out.  The group commander gave more info.  This will be a TDY appt so he'll stay with his squadron.

Since personnel officers do a lot of form 2 stuff, instructions on how to fill them out would be great.

I also asked the GC why he was not utilizing the commander's corner in eServices.  Perhaps my question may fix everything and make my question moot.

Thanks Again

Dave
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

MSG Mac

So he's not transferring.

Fill out Block 1 name, grade, CAPID, etc Unit is Group HQ.

IN the Assignment block enter the assignment with TDY in parentheses

Sign.

You can also do this electronically through e- services, in the Duty Assignment function.

BTW F2= Promotions/Demotions; F2a is for Personnel Actions (Service awards, assignments, transfers, etc)
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Ok, it looks like we have an apples and oranges situation here.

What is the end objective here - to transfer someone to group, or to assign someone to a position on group staff, while they remain assigned to their home squadron?

In the former case, do the Commander's Corner trick, and it's a done deal. In the latter case, group needs to do a PA making the assignment. Still an easy thing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Camas

As group personnel officer you'll have permissions in e-services to both transfer and approve transfer of the member in question. No CAPF2a is needed. You don't need to use "commander's corner" - you won't have it available to you unless you're group commander!

As MSG Mac pointed out simply give him a duty assignment once a decision it made since this member is remaining with his unit.

Quote from: DemonOps on April 06, 2013, 12:36:30 AM
Since personnel officers do a lot of form 2 stuff, instructions on how to fill them out would be great.
CAPR 35-5 gives you more information on promotions using CAPF2. This form is used for promotions other than normal duty promotions.
Quote from: DemonOps on April 06, 2013, 12:36:30 AMI also asked the GC why he was not utilizing the commander's corner in eServices.
Your group commander could have very well given this member a group assignment or transferred the member himself but, as you are the group DP, your CC elected to have you take care of this task.

Al Sayre

One need not be assigned to group or wing to be appointed to a duty position (temporary or permanent) at group or wing.  As a small wing, we in MS have several members on wing staff who are members of their local squadrons.  I guarantee it can be done in e-services because I have personally made the appointments.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Also no PA or other paper required.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Al Sayre on April 06, 2013, 02:29:03 PM
One need not be assigned to group or wing to be appointed to a duty position (temporary or permanent) at group or wing.  As a small wing, we in MS have several members on wing staff who are members of their local squadrons.  I guarantee it can be done in e-services because I have personally made the appointments.

I think the reason CAWG uses PAs for these assignments is that they are non-standard positions not listed in eServices.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on April 07, 2013, 07:02:31 AM

I think the reason CAWG uses PAs for these assignments is that they are non-standard positions not listed in eServices.

I wouldn't doubt that, though that, in and of itself,m should be addressed.   NHQ removed the ability to create "custom" job descriptions several years ago for a reason.

There is very little "new under the sun" in CAP that can't be accounted for with a standard job description / appointment in eServices, and
by far most of the "special" ones are because the party was more interested in the business card then the duty, or wants some
pseudo-authority absent actual responsibility.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

No, PA's are used because it's much easier to make multiple changes on one piece of paper than 30.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on April 07, 2013, 02:25:18 PM

I wouldn't doubt that, though that, in and of itself,m should be addressed.   NHQ removed the ability to create "custom" job descriptions several years ago for a reason.

There is very little "new under the sun" in CAP that can't be accounted for with a standard job description / appointment in eServices, and
by far most of the "special" ones are because the party was more interested in the business card then the duty, or wants some
pseudo-authority absent actual responsibility.

Here's our latest wing PA. Many of the assignments are because of the size and geography of the wing. Others are because of the size of various activities (encampment, CD, etc.) The comm section supports 30+ repeaters. It all needs people, and the 20-1 doesn't provide anything more than a basic minimum structure to work with.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret